Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2021, 02:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I semi like my gmg davy Crockett( it's more user problem than grill). I bought my daughter and son inlaw a pit boss for Christmas and they seem to like it. It has a pellet dump feature I wish my davy Crockett had.
On the new Laredo, they also made it VERY easy to get the auger out. If you've ever had to remove the auger before, this is a very nice addition. They also added a really nice and easy way to clean out the fire pot, no need to remove anything above.
Old 09-02-2021, 06:17 PM   #22

There is not a better pellet grill to take camping then a a green mtn Davy Crockett. All the other brands make nice pellet grills. But bang for your buck, features, and performance there isn't a better grill for the River. I've had mine going on 8 years. As a home main grill there are lots of other options. But a pellet grill to take with you. There is nothing better
Skidooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 06:43 PM   #23
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Pit Boss all the way. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:41 PM   #24

Yoder

I have a Yoder 640. Too big to drag around in a camper. Love the searing ability and would not own another pellet grill without that feature.
BillR0118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:39 PM   #25

Rec Teq 590. Great pellet smoker! The grill is well made and super accurate. Take a look. Good luck
PepnRae93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:44 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidooman View Post
There is not a better pellet grill to take camping then a a green mtn Davy Crockett. All the other brands make nice pellet grills. But bang for your buck, features, and performance there isn't a better grill for the River. I've had mine going on 8 years. As a home main grill there are lots of other options. But a pellet grill to take with you. There is nothing better
I had never heard of this company. I checked out their website. Looks like for $400 you can get a wifi grill that looks a perfect size for going camping.
ssmote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:00 AM   #27

I have an older Pit Boss, tossed the controller away and put a Savannah Stoker on it. Not wifi or BT, use a separate Tstat with 6 probes for that, but man, best grill I have ever had. All Pellet grill/smokers are pretty much the same, it's the controller that makes it or breaks it. Reason the PB controller broke it was when I was smoking 2 briskets overnight, the flame died, and the controller just kept on feeding in pellets. I didn't know it at the time, but restarted it, and nearly blew the lid off of it. The SS I put on has auto relight, so whichever one you look at, keep auto relight in mind. It is also much more accurate in temp control, keeps the box within 5 degrees of set temps.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:17 AM   #28

pellet grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhniog View Post
I am looking for a pellet grill that has WiFi and app control options. Due to tax and weight, I am going to have to import this grill for $600-800. This reduces my budget, but I have about $2000-2500 depending on how far I want to stretch it. Can You recommend me best one in this budget?
I have a few Traegers and love them. The one I take camping in the TT is the Tailgater. Nice as the legs fold up to make it easy to put in the bed of the truck. Costco has good prices on them
sfbrabbitry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:20 AM   #29

We have the travel Traeger which folks up nicely to go into our storage bin. It holds three nice racks of ribs! It doesn't have the wifi connection but that's truly not necessary to us. We never get a bad meal off the Traeger!
LaLaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grill