Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #1

Blackstone

Seasoning the 22in blackstone griddle. This will be great for the RV.Click image for larger version

Name:	1555620729928.jpeg
Views:	1099
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	202093
bedelstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:01 PM   #2

BlackStone

I've got to season mine yet. I'm so ready to go Camping and try it out. I got the Tailgater, which one did you get?

Thanks,
Bill
Wildwood FSX -187RB
2013 Buick Enclave
Days Camped 2019-23
PapaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBill View Post
I've got to season mine yet. I'm so ready to go Camping and try it out. I got the Tailgater, which one did you get?

Thanks,
Bill
I got the 22in with the hood. I think it might be relatively new, I didn't see it on Blackstone's website but they had it in Walmart.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:27 PM   #4

Don't mean to be dumb, but do you use that instead of a fry pan and stove? It can't replace a barbecue correct. I bet it is good for eggs or pancakes bacon and things like that ,but what about steak and chicken. I have been seeing a lot of these lately.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Don't mean to be dumb, but do you use that instead of a fry pan and stove? It can't replace a barbecue correct. I bet it is good for eggs or pancakes bacon and things like that ,but what about steak and chicken. I have been seeing a lot of these lately.
I think it will work well for steak.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedelstein View Post
I will try a steak in the next few days and let you know.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #7

Quote:
I will try a steak in the next few days and let you know.
Okay thanks

Old 04-18-2019, 04:48 PM   #8

Quote:
IMO they work well. Get her HOT and drop it on... Don't fiddle with it.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:14 PM   #9

Philly Cheese steaks sandwich

Chicken Philly sandwich

Quesadillas

diner type hamburger

and breakfast too
Old 04-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahall View Post
Philly Cheese steaks sandwich

Chicken Philly sandwich

Quesadillas

diner type hamburger

and breakfast too
Yes, nice menu but people are replacing barbs for this, what you described you can do on a stove with a fry pan or even grille. I can see the joy of cooking outside, but don't you lose the option of a barb. Steak or chicken? I'm not against them at all but really don't know if I want to replace my barbecue to add that. Like I said I love a big area to cook on but. And that is a big but to me. I love the flavor of a barbeque. Been thinking of getting one but still not convinced. I think it limits you, am I right or wrong.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Yes, nice menu but people are replacing barbs for this, what you described you can do on a stove with a fry pan or even grille. I can see the joy of cooking outside, but don't you lose the option of a barb. Steak or chicken? I'm not against them at all but really don't know if I want to replace my barbecue to add that. Like I said I love a big area to cook on but. And that is a big but to me. I love the flavor of a barbeque. Been thinking of getting one but still not convinced. I think it limits you, am I right or wrong.
My blackstone is in addition to the BBQ. They both have their place/purpose.

Our Blackstone is more of a breakfast or lunch unit. Love grilled cheese sandwiches on the Blackstone.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #12
Was

Quote:
I agree with you. We do have a Blackstone and it works well, but I will never replace my Weber Q with a Blackstone. If I'm forced to chose I'll take the Weber Q. That's just me. I do know others have ditched the grill and are happy with just a Blackstone. My brother is one of them.
Was is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
My blackstone is in addition to the BBQ. They both have their place/purpose.
Great, you are one of the few, what I have seen is a replacement on here, yes it would be great to have both, but I guess others are limited in space one or the other. With people switching to Blackstone, what size did you get if I may ask, I assume it's propane?

Old 04-18-2019, 06:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Great, you are one of the few, what I have seen is a replacement on here, yes it would be great to have both, but I guess others are limited in space one or the other. With people switching to Blackstone, what size did you get if I may ask, I assume it's propane?
17" It's pretty small. We also have a pretty small trailer but are careful what we pack. We also have a 1 gallon propane tank that we use for both the BBQ and the Blackstone so we don't carry around all those 1 lb disposable cylinders.

Our trailer is not even 25' and we have tons of storage not filled.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:02 PM   #15

We just got done eating a steak on the Blackstone griddle, better than the steak house.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:05 PM   #16

I have cooked steak on mine. They come out great. I worked in a restaurant where this was all we cooked on. They made steak but were not known for it.

I have my smoker as well and sometimes bring both. The smoker can double as an oven and will reach up to 450 as far as I have tested.

The only real difference between a Weber q and this is a flat top instead of the grates. They cook similar but cleanup is so much easier with the flat top. I have replaced a skillet and burner as well as a Coleman roadtrip with mine.

It would not be any where near charcoal but I dont do that when camping because of the mess unless the camp provides the grill.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:06 PM   #17

I've made the switch from Coleman Road Trip to Blackstone Griddle. I survived one week without the grill.

The Blackstone had some cool spots but generally worked well. Breakfast is a no brainers. Other meals will take some practice.

More than anything, really appreciate the clean up.

At the end of a trip I'd spend hours trying to get the Coleman clean. Blackstone is quick with a blast of water, a little scraping, a little oil and its ready for next time.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:10 PM   #18

I have both BBQ and 17” BS. I need both and both have their places. LPG all the way for me... it’s always the right temp, it doesn’t burn out and easy to cool off. Win win. Do I like charcoal? Heck yes, but I am camping and easy is key.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:24 PM   #19

We love our 17” Blackstone. Nothing replaces charcoal, but when you live with fire bans which include charcoal grills you learn to adapt.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #20

Love ours, we used a 17" last season and am upgrading to a 22" this season, ran it off of the camper propane for ease of use, we cook everything on it including steaks.
Jeeptchr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black