Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2018, 06:36 PM   #41

Popover pan.
rverginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:50 PM   #42

I love my Magma pots and pans. Super high quality cookware that all nests together in the space of one dutch oven.

Induction_Cookware
Old 08-30-2018, 07:13 PM   #43

Solar Oven

Simple Windshield Screen design solar oven
Windshield Shade Solar Cooker | Solar Cooking | FANDOM powered by Wikia
If you are camping where the sun is shining, this will bake, roast, re-heat leftovers with no fuel or electricity required. Yup, it really works...Ratatouille cooking in mine right now. Apple cake made in it two days ago.
47 Nights
20 Sites
6655 Miles
Carla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #44

Instapot and airfryer for sure . Stainless coffee pot. I live in mine full time. Really want to figure out how to use more of my space for my kitchen. Have the horseshoe kitchen table in my altra lite. Warped my floor right off by to much weight I guess so removed a sm old hutch I had in here...oops.
Jannyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:29 PM   #45

Can Cooker
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
woodyrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:33 PM   #46
Buzzard67

Inside: French press for coffee, skillet, slow cooker, toaster. Hand held mixer, and a four quart pot, and a tea kettle to boil water.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:36 PM   #47

Oh ya French press just tried that love it. Really like cold ice coffee now also.
Jannyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:38 PM   #48

I love my Instat Pot 9 in 1- 3quart mini. It’s perfect for the two of us! Plus everything asquared mentioned...
Mistye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:59 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo23 View Post
Just got a propane 17" Blackstone griddle. I've used it at home a number of time so now it is time to take it on the road. Bacon & eggs in the morning, here we come.
I took same griddle on my Superior trip and used it quite often for both breakfast and dinner.

I brought my Sous Vide machine and container and enjoyed several nights of delicious Steaks, chops and Chicken!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180828_7795.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	184930  
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:00 PM   #50

I'm with Chief T
jdkbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:02 PM   #51

I'm with Chief T no
jdkbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:13 PM   #52

Our new favorite is a two burner induction cook top and our combination microwave convection oven. Between the gas stove and cook top, it really heated up the MH Didn’t need to make the A/C work harder than necessary. The induction made a hugh difference.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:41 PM   #53

stainless steel pressure cooker, large wooden cutting board, coffee grinder and single cup drip filter. plus the usual pots and pans. oh, and a knife sharpener.
tommyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:47 PM   #54

+1 on the ice maker. We have one of the little Igloo ones that run just under $100. It makes plenty of ice for the 5 of us and however many guests we have.

When I’m cooking, it’s almost always in a Dutch oven. Most of our camping is in 6-7 weekend blocks in the spring and fall, so for those trips I’ll bring my outdoor kitchen setup. It has:
8 and 12 quart Dutch ovens
A steel cooking table (invaluable if you do a lot of Dutch oven cooking)
A “fish cleaning table” (a counter height plastic folding table with a small sink area for food prep)
Charcoal chimney
Welding gloves, corn whisk broom, metal dustpan, and long non-locking kitchen tongs for handling charcoal
A couple lid lifters
A plastic “pantry bin” with tongs, a chef’s knife, flexible cutting boards, paper towels, foil, and commonly used dry goods. I also keep a few pounds of kosher salt and a medium bottle of cooking oil in there for cleaning the cast iron
Parchment circles and plastic scrapers for preventing and removing burnt on food
A few years ago I picked one a set of Dutch oven accessories made by Camp Maid that greatly improve the versatility of the Dutch ovens. I can fashion a smoker, a pizza oven, etc using them
MLdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:11 PM   #55

our favorite items are the copper grill matt (makes the best fish, and grilled cheese, or quesadillas) our pampered chef garlic press, and pampered chef garlic stripper (love roasted garlic on a campfire), my Norwex towels for cleanup, and our ninja bullet (great for pina coladas, nice and small), and our basket that holds paper plates, and silverware.
Everything tastes better in the camper

2017 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS Solid Surface "Belle"
2010 Ford F150
"Life is Better in the Outdoors"
Days Camped 2016 - 28 days
Days Camped 2017 22days w/lots more planned
stoppercamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:31 PM   #56

cooking stuff

I really like having a portable induction stovetop. Then between the BBQ outside and the induction stovetop outside we can cook outside and not smell up or heat up the RV. It is nice to cook bacon outside and not smell bacon all morning in the RV. It is nice to boil corn water quickly and not put all that heat and moisture in the RV while you have the AC going full blast cause it is hot outside.

To really make your day get the Magma 10 piece nesting cookware set. Professional grade cookware that takes up very little room, really cooks well, they have versions which work with induction stovetops (and of course will work on the propane stovetop too).
ronschmucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:55 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunseeKing View Post
Given that space, weight, and power are all considerations, what are your favorite kitchen tools/gadgets/small appliances etc.? What can't you live without? Are there items you thought you would use, but have found you don't?

Some of mine, so far... (these are NOT affiliate links!)

silicone lids for pots (lighter than metal, easy to clean, easy to store) https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Suct...icone+pot+lids

hand-blender based multi tool (smaller/faster than my small food processor at home, beats taking the Vitamix along) https://www.amazon.com/Immersion-Ble...+multifunction

reusable stretch lids (reduces use of saran-wrap, lightweight, easy to store and clean https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Sili...l+covers&psc=1

Looking forward to hearing what you do and don't use!
My Cutco Cheese knife. It is wonderful for everything. I even gave 3 for Christmas last year and they love theirs. It's like no other knife I've ever used. Has a protective sheath so I can just put it in the drawer
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:59 AM   #58

Oxx Box

We used a mini keurig, but it didn’t hold up with the travel. We have an Oxx Box now and it is very durable. Best part is the separate spout for hot water so that my tea does not taste like coffee. It folds into a box and stores nicely.
slackr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:10 AM   #59

Outdoor kitchen with two burner stove and microwave. Keeps heat outside and smells also. Does tend to draw curious hungry folks when bacon is frying. Induction hot plate when weather is too bad, raining to be outside. 14 inch Dutch oven has permanent place in camper. Breakfast jambalaya is always a hit and is always cooked outside in Dutch oven. Also have a portable campchief oven, great for larger meals, again heat is outside.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:57 AM   #60

We have a small oster personal blender, a blackstone flattop grill is a must for cooking almost everything outside, a icemaker we keep in the outside kitchen for our drinks in the evening, an electric skillet for frying outside. We don't cook a lot inside cause I cant stand the smells
lkpatt1129 is offline   Reply With Quote