Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #1

Lodge Cast iron grill?

Sportsman's Grill

does any one use one of these? if so how does it do?
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #2

Never used or seen one of the sportsman grills but have 3 sizes of Camp DO's and love testing my skills. We just use a Weber table top Smoky Joe for smoking and open griling. I'm thinking that grill would be heavy as all getout.
2013 days camped 16
wayne in florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
NELA

X2 on the heavy and I'm thinkin it'd take 40 forevers to cool down

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #4

Here is one I've been eyeing. The propane burmer caught my eye. I haven't bought it yet so can't really endorse it.
But might be worth a look
http://www.volcanogrills.com/prod-vo...sible-propane-
Sportracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #5

I use the sportsman grill by lodge. It is a great little cooker. I bought it for those nights when it's just the wife and I. I do not bring it camping for the reasons mentioned above, very heavy and stays hot a long time.
GoRving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #6

X2 on agreeing with GoRving. If you're ever near their outlet stores, the cost is (has been, anyway) $99.95. Found ours even cheaper at the factory store by their factory (South Pittsburgh, TN). I realize this isn't a shopping option for most folks, but a good deal for those passing near.

Yes, it's heavy, and will last a lifetime with reasonable care. Cool down isn't an issue, and for most of us, it's perfect for 2-4 people.

We just visited their factory store in Pigeon Forge, and added a large 10-quart dutch oven to our lineup. It was a factory second, but as with all their 'seconds', the blemish is so minor it's a non-issue. Saved well over 50% on that one item, and the lid was free (on most Lodge products, the lids are sold separately).

Called our daughter at home and shared other prices with her, and she noted that all the items she was interested in were half the regular price. We arrived home yesterday with nearly 200 pounds of cast iron Lodge-ware in our vehicle!

If you are into cast iron cookware, a visit to one of their outlet stores is worth a bit of extra driving. As we were checking out, they offered us another 'deal'. A 12" skillet (fry pan, to a country boy like me) was regularly $24.95 for that particular model. Got two of them for $4.95 each. We've only been to their factory stores a couple of times, but in our experience, the special offers change weekly.

Happy cooking!

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote