Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
It can...
Where did you find the bracket to hang it on the side table rail? I could use one of those. My Fifth wheel came with the griddle but I haven't used it yet.
RockwoodTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:10 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedobias View Post
Also available from Home depot - different branding - Nexgrill
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nexgrill...0033/206023898
Only one issue I haven't tried yet. Nexgrill says you can't remove the regulator but won't say why. Has anyone tried this with the QD gas line on the trailer? Are all QDs the same or do you match the manufacturer. Is this grill controllable and get hot enough with trailer low pressure line?
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:59 AM   #43

LP appliances use between 10-11 inches water column, which all LP regulators should output. That means the output from the quick connect should be 10-11 WC pressure, as well as the output of the regulator on that grill, so it should work just fine off the RV.

The ones that cannot be connect to the RV are those that have the Mi-med-lo dials on them because its a combo regulator volume control. I didn't see one on the regulator plus the burner has one.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:11 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
It can...
I got the "Suburban" version of the 17" Blackstone. I have the same sort of mount for attaching to the side of the trailer. Also have a little table that attaches to the same rail on the side of the trailer.
The table mounts nice and secure (perfecto), the grill bracket does not. The bracket channel isn't formed in such a way that it grabs onto the rail very well. You can mount the bracket, but the slightest pressure on the bracket and it pops right off the rail. I don't know if that's a design issue with Suburban or Forest River?
So I opted to use the griddle on a special purpose table that I purchased, along with a new 12' propane hose in place of the 2-3' piece that came with the griddle. I think I like cooking away from the side of the trailer anyway.
js4ester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:21 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4ester View Post
I got the "Suburban" version of the 17" Blackstone. I have the same sort of mount for attaching to the side of the trailer. Also have a little table that attaches to the same rail on the side of the trailer.
The table mounts nice and secure (perfecto), the grill bracket does not. The bracket channel isn't formed in such a way that it grabs onto the rail very well. You can mount the bracket, but the slightest pressure on the bracket and it pops right off the rail. I don't know if that's a design issue with Suburban or Forest River?
So I opted to use the griddle on a special purpose table that I purchased, along with a new 12' propane hose in place of the 2-3' piece that came with the griddle. I think I like cooking away from the side of the trailer anyway.
Where did you get the "little table that attaches to the same rail on the side of the trailer?"
RockwoodTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 02:31 PM   #46

People need to be careful with grilling/griddling with the griddle mounted to the trailer, especially if frying bacon. It gets all up the side of the trailer and you might find your self woken up with a shaking trailer as the bears are licking the walls.

J/K though you never know.

So far, I really have taken a liking to the Blackstone products. Have the 17" combo with sideburner and fryer, the adventure Ready portable cooking station, and just picked up a 22" griddle to go along with everything else. The Walmart version comes with the stand and side table for the same price as just the griddle itself. Double win. Hard part now is finding places in the boots to place them all. That reminds me, need to get a moving blanket so I don't scratch the two big items.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 02:28 PM   #47

I tried out my griddle for the first time this past weekend. It was much slower to cook bacon than my outside stove with frying pan. It was nice and flat though.
Old 05-27-2021, 02:46 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockwoodTexan View Post
I tried out my griddle for the first time this past weekend. It was much slower to cook bacon than my outside stove with frying pan. It was nice and flat though.
I prepare several lbs of bacon at home on BBQ. The it's just a matter of heating the bacon up when out RVing
https://www.anderscooks.ca/2017/06/making-bacon.html?m=1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 02:47 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyfltri View Post
Have no idea how big your basement is but we went with the Blackstone tailgator and a Coleman propane stove with refillable tanks.We only cook inside when it's below 70. We also have a Nuwave Convection oven that replaced the tiny microwave in our outdoor kitchen.
Ditto on the Blackstone Tailgater grill/griddle combo. We tap into the LPG tank on our FR3. We remove the grill box and set our clam steamer directly on the burner and also use the burner with our cast iron pans. The grill box works great as an oven for meals wrapped in foil. And the grill is great for steaks and burgers. My favorite is the griddle for fried potatoes, bacon, scrapple, sausage, pancakes and french toast. Nothing better than a hearty breakfast in the morning, that’s camping.
“Don’t take life too seriously...Nobody gets out alive anyway”
rickemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:01 PM   #50

Those griddle/grills are quite versatile, and SOLD OUT. If one can find it, get it. One of the things I do have for grilling though is one of those tripod grills for over a campfire. Nothing beats grilled meat over a wood or charcoal open flame. Gas is close, but is missing the smoke. I also carry a small charcoal grill base to stick in the fire pit in case of burn warnings.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:19 PM   #51

I really like the Camp Chef stove. My model has two 30,000 BTU burners that have no problem heating up cast iron. I also added a griddle plate to it. I love it for breakfast. And, there is a grill box add on as well. As others have done, I connect it to the low pressure LP port on the TT.

2022 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
2020 Rockwood Roo 19 (Sold Jul 2022)
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 06:24 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
We considered one to hang on the coach, but decided that was too limiting and went with a portable that we can use either bottles or my 15' hose off the MH. Simply put it on the picnic table in a campground or a little coffee-type table we got from Sam's/Costco.

We really love our MegaMaster 2-burner. All stainless steel, closes up tightly for transporting, foldable legs, and the 14" x 14" grill area is flat so you can use any pan or griddle you want.
You cooking inside with that?

Tags
grill