Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #21

we didn't bring our deep fryer on the trip before last but did bring the big pot and strainer basket. Sweet DH agreed to do donuts for breakfast. He did them outside on the Campchef stove (I found a 3 burner model at Costco) which worked out great. 5 dozen beautiful donuts later he rolled them in sparkling white crystals and brought the tray inside. Um.... I had been doing some organizing and had found several containers of sugar - and of course combined them. MISTAKE. One of the containers was salt. The donuts were coated in SALT. I rinsed them thoroughly and popped them into the oven to crisp them up. Still yummy, but not what we'd planned. So now I have a new kitchen appliance - a Brother P-Touch labeler.

The popcorn maker that stirs is still a hit with the children so I guess that stays aboard. A recent addition is the Keurig coffee machine - purchased in the States for $40 less than the same package in Canada. I let it come into the kitchen at home this week but it's going back out to the camper for our weekend trip. Too easy. The french press stays for powerless camping.

I'm thinking of the grill box and the flat griddle that fit the chef stove. Both however are heavy but I think would work pretty well. We like the campchef stove - the flame goes down to next to nothing and also adjusts all the way blast furnace high.
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #22

Probably 90% of our cooking is done outside. I have a gas stove and a gas grill that get used to death. Combine that with a good cast iron skillet and a good griddle and I can cook any meal for almost any number of people at once. Next in importance is our warmer. Bought at CW years ago and have never seen them again. It is a great item to keep food warm from stove/grill to table.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #23

crock pot...use it for many easy meals
coffee maker and grinder for coffee beans
toaster - find that the type you place on the burner don't work that well
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #24

Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Next in importance is our warmer. Bought at CW years ago and have never seen them again. It is a great item to keep food warm from stove/grill to table.
I don't think I've seen one of these - is it electrical? Can you post a picture? Sounds like something really useful. I like hot food hot and cold food cold. Room temp eggs and toast isn't appealing!
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote