Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #1

Diablo Predator U7186, and PC Interface Kit

I have a Diablo Predator U7186 for sale. with PC Interface kit for uploading updates from Diablo Sports. Tuner will work with 06-10 Chevrolet Silverado HD2500 and 3500 Diesels. $200.00 Shipped to the lower 48. It does make a difference.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #2

Talk to me. Maybe work something out????
Old 12-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #3

Offers???
Old 12-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #4

What has it done for your rig?
Old 12-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #5

More Power (Torque), better gas mileage at the higher tune, Pulls very nice. You have a 45 HP Heavy (8000lbs or more)Tow, 65HP 8000lbs and under, 85HP street tune (not recommended for towing) which is where the better mileage comes in, and a 120 HP tune if you want to get buy a nuisance driver, not recommended for long usage without a Transgo Jr or better tranny build FOR THAT PARTICULAR, TUNE.. I was getting around 20-21 MPG on the 85HP tune and that was where I kept it when not towing. I chose to upgrade my tune to an EFI live tune where more parameters are involved in the actual tune. It's really hard to beat the Predator for more bang for the buck. I hope that I answered your question, and if you need anymore info,...just yell. You can look up the info and reviews at the Diablosport websight here:DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems
Old 12-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #6

Thanks Pea Eye
Old 12-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #7

You're welcome Shem.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #8

SOLD!!!! Thank you Chris and ENJOY!!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #9

Pea EYE, now that you have it sold can you tell me if you ever experienced any slipping when on the 85HP tune? I have the same Tuner, but I use the 65hp tune and haven't really noticed any slipping. Even when towing.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
Old 01-18-2012, 01:12 AM   #10

Hey RubenZ! Not at all. No slipping. I kept it on 85HP not towing, and 45HP towing. I luckily never had a slip to my knowledge. Since I have gone to EFI Live,...I can't wait to try the new tow tunes. I know the street tune is really smooth shifting. I keep my foot out of it, only once in a while to (Knock the Moon Dust off) ya know? I really liked the Predator for the money. Nice set up you have...... Pea Eye
Old 01-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #11

As far as the EFI LIVE, how do you switch between tunes if you got it Tuned somewhere? For example we spontaneously decide to go camp, so I'd have to have to make an appointment to get get a tow tune. Or do you just suck it up and do it. i thought about purchasing EFI Live myself but its just way toooo expensive. Are you a member of the DieselPlace forums?

Ruben Zamora
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
Old 01-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #12

Hi RubenZ. What I have is called EFI LIve "SPADE". Tuned by Nick at Duramaxtuner.coml. Yes I am a Member of DP. You pay around $699 for the tune. I know it's a little high, but well worth it. Long story short. The predator, like alot of other Handheld tuners are referred to as "Canned" tuners. You have to plug it in to your port, if you want to change tunes. The SPADE is downloaded into your ECM via the Port once. All five tunes are downloaded to it. The unit that comes with it is called "AUTOCAL". You also have a switch that's a rotary switch, that you mount somewhere on your truck easy to reach. I mounted mine under the steering wheel, because I don't want any repair facility to know it's there. You can change ON THE FLY!! Out of sight....
The five tunes that I have are(1) Modified Stock...which the perimeters are smoothed out (2) light tow,(up to 8,000lbs.) @ 45 HP w/ turbo brake. (3) Heavy tow, (8,000) up to your limit) @65HPw/Turbo Brake., (4) Street Tune @ 85HP (where I keep it, not towing), (5) Race tune 130 +, which I do not use until I get my Transmission beefed up a bit. That ones "Scarey"!! All the tunes are super smooth during the Power range, and the shifts are so much smoother. You see, the canned tunes only change "certain" parameters, where EFI Live changes or improves all the parameters. Way Better. Do some research at DP, for a couple hundred more than a "Canned" tune, you are way better off. The engine/transmission will thank you if you don't abuse it. I know it's expensive. I had to sing on the street corner for $$ to get it. Took about 10 yrs. .........Just kiddin......Research....Buy.......Enjoy. Oh yeah,....there are other tunes out there that are just as good....i.e. HP tunes, ect... Gary
Old 01-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #13

NICE. Thats what I wanted to know. The switch on the fly is cool.

Ruben Zamora
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
Old 01-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
NICE. Thats what I wanted to know. The switch on the fly is cool.
How's your PUMA so far???
Old 01-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #15

Love it! Compared to all these more expensive RV's here that have had problems off the bat, we are very pleased with ours. It hasn't had one problem so far (cross fingers). Its small, but its just the right size for us. Maybe one day a 5th wheel puma will be in the horizon when our kids are older.

Ruben Zamora
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
Old 01-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #16

Yeah,....We like ours too. Replaced the speakers, sounds are a bit better. Have had some great camping with it so far. Well,.....Enjoy!!
Old 01-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #17

I have the same tuner running on a 2009 Duramax and have had good success. It seems I get about as good mileage leaving it in the Tow mode as I do putting it into the economy for now towing. When in the tow mode and not towing I usually get 21 on the highway average.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #18

do any of you know how to calibrate Tire Size on it? Maybe i need to update firmware but I never saw a menu for tire calc.

Ruben Zamora
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB