Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #1

no longer wanted -- Wildwood X-lite 241QBXL, or Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL

I’m looking for a Forest River Wildwood X-lite 241QBXL, or a RV Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL. I like the size and the layout with the couch. I’m in GA but will travel for a deal. Thanks, -tboots
Old 11-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
Site Team

They're the same trailer, built on the same assembly line. They are twin brands, which is common in the RV world.
Only difference is outside graphics and interior decor colors.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Old 11-05-2018, 08:39 AM   #3

Yes BikenDan, I'm aware of that and its the reason I'm shopping for either, but thanks. -tboots
Old 11-06-2018, 02:16 PM   #4

Salem 241QBXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboots View Post
I’m looking for a Forest River Wildwood X-lite 241QBXL, or a RV Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL. I like the size and the layout with the couch. I’m in GA but will travel for a deal. Thanks, -tboots
Hi "tboots" -- I have a 2014 Salem 241 QBXL TT. My wife and I bought it in October 2017 with the intentions of using it only here in Florida. We live in Bradenton, FL (West Coast south of Tampa).

I have done some mods that we wanted to do to make it more comfortable for us. We are retired and intended to use it locally from October through April/May. Soon after we bought the unit, the covering on the jackknife sofa started to disintegrate before our eyes! I think the previous owner (only one owner before me) had a dog that used the sofa and caused the faux leather to fall apart. But more importantly, we found the original sofa quite uncomfortable and difficult to sit in for an entire evening. I decided to look around for a replacement sofa but the prices were much higher than we wanted to spend.

At that point, we decided to take out the sofa and put in two Stressless Recliners which has made the unit a joy to stay in and watch TV. To put in the recliners I had to take out the furnace but decided with camping in Florida and the temps are not likely to drop too low at night and we could get by with an electric heater. And that has worked really well all through last winter!

I have saved all the framework for the original jackknife sofa, as well as the sofa and its parts and the furnace and all the wiring. My RV Tech told me he didn't think the furnace had ever been used. If you wanted to return the unit to its original configuration all of this could be put back together with very little work.

Improvements I made:
New tires
Electric tongue jack
9" RV Queen foam mattress (split for ease of handling but not an issue)
24" Samsung TV
DVD player on its own shelf
Spare tire carrier on back bumper
A solar charger for the single 12v battery (keeps battery charged all the
time)
two Stressless leather recliners
new breakaway cable and plug (I have not tested this)

The unit has never been smoked in and the few times the previous owner used it with his dog it has never had any kind of odor or other indication a pet has been in it. We don't have pets.

I will include in the sale a HD Husky WD shank/hitch with a 2 5/16" ball, two spring bars rated up to 800 lbs each, a sway bar and all the necessary accessories to operate these parts.

The only thing that I haven't gotten around to fixing is the light circuit for the storage lights and the light over the head of the bed is not working. I'm sure it' a loose wire, because they were working when we got it.

I'm reluctantly selling this because we are finding we are too busy to utilize the unit the way we originally thought we were going to. Besides, while in good health I'm 82 and feel that I probably ought to be getting out of this before something happens and I'm pressured to sell it. We love the floorplan which is why we bought it in the first place. The bathroom is so much roomier than a lot of even larger units.

Everything works. The AC is fine but I did fix some of the ducting that had holes in it, allowing the cold air to escape into the ceiling. The fridge is great but we've only used it on AC current and haven't used it on gas. The gas water heater is great and lights as normal. The microwave works fine. The radio/CD/ player works, although we only use it to play the TV through the speakers over the recliners. I can't think of anything that isn't working fine. The awning works great, although there are some stains on the underside of the vinyl that I had planned to remove sometime in the near future. Certainly not serious.

I pull it with a 1998 Ford Conversion Van 1/2 ton, with a tow package. I'm considering selling the van and the camper as a package if anyone is interested. The van is remarkable for being a 20-year-old vehicle. I have all the service records since I've owned it but I've only put about 2000 on it for the last 5 years! When I use the van to pull the camper I remove the captain chairs and rear seat cushions, reducing the weight of the van and giving us more room to carry items. I have the chairs and seat cushions and they're not difficult to take in an out. If anyone is interested in the package of the van and the camper I would sell both for $14,000. I will not sell the van separately until the camper sells.

If you are interested I will send you pictures to help you visualize what I've done inside.

Let me know.

Mo
Old 11-22-2018, 05:54 PM   #5

How do I end this tread? I am no longer searching for a TT.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:54 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboots View Post
How do I end this tread? I am no longer searching for a TT.
You just did

Zelda the campin dog

Tags
salem, wildwood, lite