Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2018, 11:07 PM   #1
Always Learning

[SOLD] OldCoot’s Power Awning Support Poles + tie downs

Ok, I’m stressing over this one. I have a set of awning poles and brackets from my old camper. These treated me well for a long time and I rode out some rough storms with them (a couple that I shouldn’t have!).

But the new camper has 2 awnings and they’re obnoxiously far off of the ground. We think we are going to with without awning poles for a spell until we can maybe get triple-pole sets from TURBS.

I don’t have any idea how to ship these things- so we’ll need to figure out a way to hand these off or have someone as a middle man deliver them.

Here are my upcoming travel schedule:
- Orlando for another week
- Cummings, GA
- just outside of Huntsville, AL
- just outside of Memphis, TN
- Branson, MO

And then I make an arc eastward towards York, PA.

It’ll be the poles, brackets, ratchet straps, and The Claw awning tie downs.

I’m think $200 for the whole setup. It’s cheaper than buying new AND it comes with everything you need for a Dometic power awning.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:36 AM   #2

You'll probably have them sold by then, but if not, I'll be at Tom Sawyer CG near Memphis 6/15 thru 17 and Branson 8/10 thru 14. Good Luck.
2020 F350 SRW Crew Cab
Old 03-27-2018, 07:44 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

E-Dad, have you tried to see how far down your awning will pull? I know on mine, I can pull down on the pole and be able to use it at the shortest setting for the 3rd pole (close to what 2 pole longest setting). This would work until you have a site that's tilted or slopes away. My awnings are close to 11' tall
Old 03-27-2018, 08:43 AM   #4
Always Learning

si camper, I should have said that all of that travel wraps up by the end of May. After that, we’ll spend the summer in PA and the surrounding states.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:44 AM   #5
Always Learning

AquaMan, I haven’t. I need a ladder to get to them and just haven’t tried it. Maybe I’ll give it a shot.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:50 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
si camper, I should have said that all of that travel wraps up by the end of May. After that, we’ll spend the summer in PA and the surrounding states.

We’ll be in Hershey the beginning of July, I may have to look you up then if you still have them. I may need a set for the new rig, as I left all the mods on the old one since it was going to my brother.

Still gotta take possession of the new rig and play with it for a bit to see if we’re gonna do poles or not.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #7

I’ve been using The Claw tiedowns for my awing for about two years, now. They are awesome! No more having to worry about rolling up the awning when a storm is approaching!
Old 03-27-2018, 03:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Ok, I’m stressing over this one. I have a set of awning poles and brackets from my old camper. These treated me well for a long time and I rode out some rough storms with them (a couple that I shouldn’t have!).

But the new camper has 2 awnings and they’re obnoxiously far off of the ground. We think we are going to with without awning poles for a spell until we can maybe get triple-pole sets from TURBS.

I don’t have any idea how to ship these things- so we’ll need to figure out a way to hand these off or have someone as a middle man deliver them.

- Cummings, GA
- Branson, MO

I’m think $200 for the whole setup. It’s cheaper than buying new AND it comes with everything you need for a Dometic power awning.
Sent you a pm
Old 03-27-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:

- Cummings, GA
- Branson, MO

Just curious as to why getting rid of the claws and straps as these can be used on new pole set. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
Old 03-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Just curious as to why getting rid of the claws and straps as these can be used on new pole set. Later RJD

Not knowing when I’ll get the new poles, I’m just trying to free up the space in the storage hatch. I’ve got 10 lbs of potatoes in a 5 lbs sack with them! Think: those fake can of peanuts pranks where it springs open when you take the lid off? Yeah, that’s my life right now!
Old 03-28-2018, 10:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Not knowing when I’ll get the new poles, I’m just trying to free up the space in the storage hatch. I’ve got 10 lbs of potatoes in a 5 lbs sack with them! Think: those fake can of peanuts pranks where it springs open when you take the lid off? Yeah, that’s my life right now!
Made me giggle... as it reminded me of the potato sack joke...

Will has just come across this exercise, suggested for 'seniors', to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on to some of my friends and family. The article suggested doing it three days a week.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax.

Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10lb potato sacks.

Then 50lb potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

(As I write this I have to admit that I'm at this level)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Old 03-28-2018, 10:56 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Made me giggle... as it reminded me of the potato sack joke...

Will has just come across this exercise, suggested for 'seniors', to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on to some of my friends and family. The article suggested doing it three days a week.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax.

Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10lb potato sacks.

Then 50lb potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

(As I write this I have to admit that I'm at this level)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.
HA!!!
Never Enough Time Camping!!
Old 05-23-2018, 11:10 AM   #13
Always Learning

These have been sold.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
These have been sold.
And now marked as such.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:31 AM   #15
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Doug, the Wooster painter poles that I recommend are the 6'-12' ones which should be plenty long enough to reach any awning on any camper.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002YWDZO...a-323291403252

Tags
awning, power