Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2022, 10:01 AM   #1

AWNLUX slide topper awnings

Well After waiting over 9 weeks to get carefree slide toppers i gave up canceled order . looked at the solara slide topper but way to much money .
Happened on the AWNLUX through amazon . made in China I know but thought i'd give them a try . Very well built product , copied solara mounting brackets but that's where the similarities stop .

The roller comes in 2 to 3 pieces depending on length of awning . I had as short as 6.6' 2 sections and the longest one 12.7' 3 sections . they way they join the sections with an internal sleeve makes the roller very stiff and solid even on the 12.7' topper the roller had no bend to it . if this was any of the other 2 makes i would require a center support . But not these , they have two tension springs in all awnings , the fabric seems just a little thicker mounting was a breeze and sizing was spot on . the tension from the springs is much better then other slide toppers and after heavy rains had 0 water accumulate on the awnings .

Highly recommend these to anyone looking at slide toppers . I installed 4 and price was $1500 for all with plenty of hardware to complete the job .

the carefree were over 1700 and the solara over 2300 .

I received all toppers in 5 days . so if your looking for slide out toppers I would give AWNLUX a good look you won't be disappointed .

PS i never write product reviews but this is one that deserves it
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 01:27 PM   #2

Thanks for the review. I’m looking at a topper for my 13 foot living room slide. Looks like you’ve had them for about a year now. Are you still pleased with them?
Curt Trutrack WDH
HD Roadmaster Active Suspension
3200 Firman Generator/Inverter
njfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 08:15 AM   #3

Yes I am . very pleased handles the rain and wind without issues. would never buy the cheaply made Solera or carefree products ever again.
Old 09-20-2023, 11:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Yes I am . very pleased handles the rain and wind without issues. would never buy the cheaply made Solera or carefree products ever again.

Thanks M, good to know. One more question… Did you use butyl tape under the track that fabric slides into or the brackets mounted to the slide or perhaps caulk to seal things up?
Curt Trutrack WDH
Old 09-20-2023, 01:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfishing View Post
Thanks M, good to know. One more question… Did you use butyl tape under the track that fabric slides into or the brackets mounted to the slide or perhaps caulk to seal things up?
Yes used the butyl tape . it also helps hold the tracks in place while you screw them on . be careful to line up the tracks as they come is sections . then i found it easier to feed the awning material in while someone else pushed in the poly cord on the track side . the roller side i install the poly cord and then slide in the slot on the roller . make sure you follow the direction and wind up the material in the correct direction on the roller . do not pull the roller pins until everything is mounted and installed .

oh and did run some caulk on the top side of the tracks when finished and along the roller mounting brackets
Old 09-20-2023, 02:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Yes used the butyl tape . it also helps hold the tracks in place while you screw them on . be careful to line up the tracks as they come is sections . then i found it easier to feed the awning material in while someone else pushed in the poly cord on the track side . the roller side i install the poly cord and then slide in the slot on the roller . make sure you follow the direction and wind up the material in the correct direction on the roller . do not pull the roller pins until everything is mounted and installed .

oh and did run some caulk on the top side of the tracks when finished and along the roller mounting brackets

Thanks for that M. Much appreciated!
Curt Trutrack WDH
Old 09-20-2023, 03:41 PM   #7

I didn't want to intrude on this conversation while it was ongoing.
It looks like it is over now so I just want to add . . . .

I installed Awnlux toppers this spring and am very, very happy with them."
Pretty easy install but follow directions. Helps to have a 'good' helper.
Units seem to me to be very well made, heavy duty awnings.

yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 07:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukongold View Post
I didn't want to intrude on this conversation while it was ongoing.
It looks like it is over now so I just want to add . . . .

I installed Awnlux toppers this spring and am very, very happy with them."
Pretty easy install but follow directions. Helps to have a 'good' helper.
Units seem to me to be very well made, heavy duty awnings.
Thanks for that Yukon... Looks like many other manufactures are using 13.5 ounce fabric and Awnlux uses the heavier 16.0. Looks like they also use a tube within a tube roller which adds some rigidity and since mine is a 13 foot span, I think this will be better.

Glad I stopped in here to get some information and appreciate you responding.
Curt Trutrack WDH

Tags
awning, slide