Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2020, 06:25 PM   #1

Carlyle Tires

Anyone have experience with Carlyle tires? Are they any good?

I've been completely happy with the Westlake tires that came with the trailer...no issues. Picked up a screw in the sidewall on one now and they're 7 years old so time to change all 4 I guess.
UrbanAngelRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:35 PM   #2

I put Carlisle Radial Trail tires on my old tt and liked them a lot. Ran them 3 years before trading in the trailer.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:15 PM   #3

Good to hear, thanks.
UrbanAngelRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:47 PM   #4
Now a "Top Member"

My old TT had Carlisle tires on it for the 5 years I owned it. Other than having to add air a little more than I thought I should have to, and one nail I picked up right before I traded it in, I never had any problem with them. I have Maxxis now, and they have been great, but I haven't put near the miles I did on my TT. In fact, the Maxxis tires are probably close to aging out, even though they still look new. Dangit...I need to get out more. Stupid Covid crap!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:59 PM   #5
FLY4FUN

...just purchased a set for my 22' travel trailer & it wasn't easy to find them. (The factory installed "C-bombs" have lasted almost 5 years and still look "new", but I'm confident that I was living on borrowed time with them.) I'd wanted Goodyear Endurance, but some family health issues had delayed getting a "rountoit" for the past few months. Fast forward to this week & my local Discount Tire couldn't find my size Endurance at any of their dealers nor at any warehouses contacted. A call direct to Goodyear indicated that they project shipping in November(!). DT did find a set of Carlisles, and my hasty research indicated that they are (at least?) "second best" to the USA manufactured Endurance tires. The Maxxis brand "scores" closely, too, and I'm sure their are others. Incidentally, I did opt to move up to Load Range "D" as the trailer came with "Cs" -- just barely enough load carrying for real world trailer/cargo weights. I've learned of no issues with Carlisle tires with disclaimers being that I have little experience so far...and, of course, we all realize that proper pressures and maintenance is vital for trailer towing use/dependability. FWIW.
14apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:46 AM   #6

My cousin’s husband put then on their hybrid style TT and really likes them. Been on the TT for 3 years I believe. Holding up and wearing well.
Old 08-17-2020, 10:12 AM   #7

the carilse hd trails are great tires. as far as i'm concerned at least as good if not better then the endurance . Have had both on my TH could not get the carilse when i needed new ones after 3 yr . got a nail and did not want a patched tire or just one new tire so replaced all four since i only had about a yr left in the carilses . So went withh the endurance , much less thread then the carilses but so far seem to be ok only about 7000 mile on them so far
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires