Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2016, 06:16 AM   #1

Flojet Macerator

FloJet Portable RV Waste Pump System (Limited Number Available at This Price) - Waste Pumps (Macerators) - Plumbing

Used this for the first time last week and it worked very well. Pumped my black tank through 60' of 3/4" garden hose to my cleanout. It doesn't take long to empty it. Wiring it wasn't much fun, had to remove the plastic underbelly cover and run wiring to fuse panel. Other end came up through rear storage compartment.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
FloJet Portable RV Waste Pump System (Limited Number Available at This Price) - Waste Pumps (Macerators) - Plumbing

Used this for the first time last week and it worked very well. Pumped my black tank through 60' of 3/4" garden hose to my cleanout. It doesn't take long to empty it. Wiring it wasn't much fun, had to remove the plastic underbelly cover and run wiring to fuse panel. Other end came up through rear storage compartment.
We have been dedicated Flojet users for many years now.

I couldn't be bothered to tap into 12V near the drain so I made an extension with a Bargman socket on it.

A few tips, if I may...
  • Always, always, ALWAYS test your Flojet to be sure it's operating BEFORE you open any drain valves. A momentary tap of the button is enough.
  • The flush port valve is one-way. MOSTLY. Do not use a potable water hose as a flush hose and if your flushing hose is not connected FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CLOSE THE FLUSH TAP.
  • A clear elbow will allow you to see how clean your drain water is and will enlighten you as to what passes through a digestive system intact. Disgusting? Perhaps. Fascinating? Definitely.
  • The flush port will not spray the inside of your tanks, but it will allow you to back fill the tanks which will help clean them.
  • DO NOT GET DISTRACTED WHILE YOU ARE BACK FILLING YOUR WASTE TANKS.
  • If your black tank does not have a built in rinser it will benefit from the periodic use of a tank wand.
  • When you are flushing the drain hose with the flush port, be sure the Flojet is running if the valves are closed, or the pressure will cause the the water to leak out the valves. THIS CANNOT BE GOOD FOR THE VALVES.
  • After flushing the drain hose if you cannot pump all of the clear water out of the Flojet down, disconnect the flush hose and open the tap to let air into the system.
  • Unless you need a shower, shut off the flush hose and open the flush tap on the Flojet to depressurize the flush hose BEFORE you disconnect it from the Flojet
  • Don't be surprised if someone refers to your Flojet as a poop cannon.
  • Take your time, use plenty of flushing water and relax knowing that you avoided the dump line at the RV park. Enjoy an adult beverage when you're done. But wash your hands first.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:05 AM   #3
Always Learning

My thinking for this is using a FloJet to pump "stuff" into a portable tank in my truck bed. Save me the hassle of towing a portable tote.

Any chance this'll work? Or major concerns about it?
Old 07-07-2016, 10:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
My thinking for this is using a FloJet to pump "stuff" into a portable tank in my truck bed. Save me the hassle of towing a portable tote.

That is how I use mine and it works very well with no problems. By the way I got mine on ebay for $155.00. Check there before you buy anywhere else.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:37 AM   #5

Quote:

No problem. You'd just need a way to get it from the tank into the dump station drain (if the tank has bayonet fittings you could use the Flojet for that too). And you would want to keep a flush hose for rinsing out the Flojet and whatever drain hose you're using.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:49 AM   #6

Been using one for years, it's great!

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #7

I just picked up the thetford sani con today.
Should work well!!

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 07-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #8
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexel View Post
That is how I use mine and it works very well with no problems. By the way I got mine on ebay for $155.00. Check there before you buy anywhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD and Beastlet View Post
No problem. You'd just need a way to get it from the tank into the dump station drain (if the tank has bayonet fittings you could use the Flojet for that too). And you would want to keep a flush hose for rinsing out the Flojet and whatever drain hose you're using.
Thanks to both of you. My friend made some 150 gallon bladders with 3" bayonet fittings on it. I'm hoping to do the same thing and then it'll let me easily take care of my own stuff AND take it for some distance without driving at 1/2 the pace of a snail.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks to both of you. My friend made some 150 gallon bladders with 3" bayonet fittings on it. I'm hoping to do the same thing and then it'll let me easily take care of my own stuff AND take it for some distance without driving at 1/2 the pace of a snail.
My pleasure. Please do note my first tip above. I had a Flojet quit working once but I didn't notice until after I had opened the black tank valve. Luckily I had a bucket and a lot of clean water close at hand.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #10
Always Learning

My big concern with the Flojet is the propeller and my family's long hair. We are a bunch of wookies.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:05 PM   #11

Quote:
My big concern with the Flojet is the propeller and my family's long hair. We are a bunch of wookies.
Not a problem for me personally...

But my girls are a different story.

Luckily the impeller is easy to remove. Take off the clear elbow and the rubber plug at the bottom - the shaft extends outside the motor and can be held stationary with a large flat blade screwdriver.

The impeller is held in place with a nut and a tabbed washer - a ratchet, extension and socket (sorry, I don't remember the size) will remove the nut, allowing the impeller to come out for cleaning.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #12
Always Learning

Have you had an issue with it clogging/jamming up with hair while dumping? Or is cleaning it just a little preventative maintenance that you do + it takes care of it?
Old 07-07-2016, 02:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Have you had an issue with it clogging/jamming up with hair while dumping? Or is cleaning it just a little preventative maintenance that you do + it takes care of it?
Yes to the latter. I don't have to clean it after every use - just a couple of times a season. Wookiee fulltimer mileage may vary.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #14
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD and Beastlet View Post
Yes to the latter. I don't have to clean it after every use - just a couple of times a season. Wookiee fulltimer mileage may vary.
Ha! Fortunately we wouldn't use it all that often- we are mostly RV park queens.

Thanks greatly for answering my questions and thanks to Brewhedd for posting the topic.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexel View Post
That's a good price. I checked Ebay and a few other sites before I purchased and the link I posted was the best price.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote