RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-02-2021, 11:44 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Was that really your neighbor or was that you?
LOL

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:52 AM   #82

Buyer beware!!!!

If you are going to purchase a new camper according to the warranty company you must check all seals every 30 to 90 days if not your warranty is voided supposed to be in the owners manual that I never received Iíve made a $30,000 mistake .....
Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:23 AM   #83

Itís called tricks of the trade, Lots of companies do these shady practices. Sorry this happened to you.
Yossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:11 PM   #84

Roof Replacement complete

I just wanted to let all of you know - the dealer completed the roof replacement - paid for in full by Forest River - in just 3 days!! It looks great and I am completely satisfied with the service I got after the sale! Shout out to Greg Symoens, Service Manager, at Walnut Ridge Family RV Sales in New Castle Indiana for the outstanding service!

2020 Puma 257RESS
2020 Ram 2500 4 X 4
Centerville, Texas
Living to work and Working to live!
Sharonogoingsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:23 PM   #85

Warranty? forest Rivers poor customer support

I purchased a Real-Lite 1604 SS Palomino truck camper built by Forest River, and the right-hand side lift has gone out....after a month of use. This renders the unit inoperable or at the very least a potential danger to users as the roof could collapse or fail on to an occupant of the camper. I suspect moisture has caused this as there is rust dripping out of the unit.

There is ample evidence to indicate a design flaw in the unit or at the very least a manufacturing issue regarding weatherproofing the unit(s) actuator arms and motors.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2504033

What is concerning is that not a single location given to me by Forest River will do warranty work for them in my area. They sent me a list (I'm in the San Diego area) and then said I was on my own. After reporting back to them that the entire list refused the work they said I need to find a mobile RV tech. I have yet to find a mobile tech to work on the unit or accept parts. I have asked for the part and they have indicated that they can't ship me a replacement part because of "liability issues". The part replacement is literally 2 bolts and a plug back into the unit. I can easily and safely repair the unit with the proper parts.

The warranty manager Jerald Summey <JSummey@forestriverinc.com> and the customer relations manager Michael Locke <mlocke@forestriverinc.com> have not been helpful beyond sending the list of places that don't do warranty work.

I am now making payments on a camper that I can not use because of Forest Rivers' failure to provide parts or to back up their warranty. This issue seems far-reaching and across the board for Forest River products that utilize linear actuators.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty