Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2021, 11:44 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Was that really your neighbor or was that you?
LOL

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:52 AM   #82

Buyer beware!!!!

If you are going to purchase a new camper according to the warranty company you must check all seals every 30 to 90 days if not your warranty is voided supposed to be in the owners manual that I never received I’ve made a $30,000 mistake .....
Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:23 AM   #83

It’s called tricks of the trade, Lots of companies do these shady practices. Sorry this happened to you.
Yossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:11 PM   #84

Roof Replacement complete

I just wanted to let all of you know - the dealer completed the roof replacement - paid for in full by Forest River - in just 3 days!! It looks great and I am completely satisfied with the service I got after the sale! Shout out to Greg Symoens, Service Manager, at Walnut Ridge Family RV Sales in New Castle Indiana for the outstanding service!

2020 Puma 257RESS
2020 Ram 2500 4 X 4
Centerville, Texas
Living to work and Working to live!
Sharonogoingsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:23 PM   #85

Warranty? forest Rivers poor customer support

I purchased a Real-Lite 1604 SS Palomino truck camper built by Forest River, and the right-hand side lift has gone out....after a month of use. This renders the unit inoperable or at the very least a potential danger to users as the roof could collapse or fail on to an occupant of the camper. I suspect moisture has caused this as there is rust dripping out of the unit.

There is ample evidence to indicate a design flaw in the unit or at the very least a manufacturing issue regarding weatherproofing the unit(s) actuator arms and motors.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2504033

What is concerning is that not a single location given to me by Forest River will do warranty work for them in my area. They sent me a list (I'm in the San Diego area) and then said I was on my own. After reporting back to them that the entire list refused the work they said I need to find a mobile RV tech. I have yet to find a mobile tech to work on the unit or accept parts. I have asked for the part and they have indicated that they can't ship me a replacement part because of "liability issues". The part replacement is literally 2 bolts and a plug back into the unit. I can easily and safely repair the unit with the proper parts.

The warranty manager Jerald Summey <JSummey@forestriverinc.com> and the customer relations manager Michael Locke <mlocke@forestriverinc.com> have not been helpful beyond sending the list of places that don't do warranty work.

I am now making payments on a camper that I can not use because of Forest Rivers' failure to provide parts or to back up their warranty. This issue seems far-reaching and across the board for Forest River products that utilize linear actuators.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:58 PM   #86

Truck camper

Where did you purchase the camper? Take to them for warranty work.
frankhaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:49 PM   #87

We have had the same issues with contacting Forest River. I emailed two people with contact info in our original paperwork and from the FR website. Got responses, but they were just telling me how busy they are😡
bkelleyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:53 AM   #88
Miles to go

FR emergency roadside assistance?

I've had my 2021 wolf pup 16bhs for 3 weeks and already has several issues including this major one where my awning broke away from the trailer! Starting to notice how cheesy these things are put together and feeling a little buyer remorse. Forest River roadside assistance and they shuffled me back and forth several times with excuses for some lady finally told me that nothing was covered except the service call, I had to pay parts and labor and that's only if it's approved. I've been waiting 3 days. Called my dealer and waiting to see if they'll send me some parts. With as big as Forest River is are they really this pathetic when it comes to warranty?
Gargie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 12:50 AM   #89

I think they are junk.
Geminison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 09:51 AM   #90

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcGoldstone
Tim Buss had been a great resource for Class A technical assistance and parts BUT as of lately I have been unable to reach him by either Phone or Email. My calls get transferred to the Parts Dept and so far they have not called back. Emails are getting bounced back...

Marc
MarcGoldstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 10:07 AM   #91
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcGoldstone View Post
Tim Buss had been a great resource for Class A technical assistance and parts BUT as of lately I have been unable to reach him by either Phone or Email. My calls get transferred to the Parts Dept and so far they have not called back. Emails are getting bounced back...

Marc
Not sure what time frame "of lately" encompasses, but many FR employees are all hands on with the Goshen Rally this week.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 03:29 PM   #92

2022 Wildwood FSX toy hauler . I love it BUT. Went in a month ago for warranty work. Needed a new fridge door and a counter top. Fridge door was easy. Counter top sent was an inch too short so they ordered another , Thats been a month ago. Got a call last week that it was shipped but its not at the dealer yet. I asked for a tracking number to see if they are bsing me or not . Corporate has yet to answer my emails on my calls. Tony in service did answer but I left a message today and no return call. As you can probably guess I am not happy. 30 days still making payments and no trailer. Had to cancel a trip that was book over a month ago for this week/weekend. If your buying look close and if you see something refuse to sign until its fixed.

I really should have not put so much down . Maybe the minimum and finance the rest then call the bank and say this is BS and I am not making any more payments . It then goes to the dealer who the bank works with then to the factory . Id rather be out like 1000.00 than 30 K

Dave Colliau

Jackson,Michigan
N8DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 11:47 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
I have to give credit where credit is due. I called Flagstaff to order parts for my A-frame Dec 26, 2019. I left a message, and was called back later that day. I was prepared with my VIN number so the parts lady could verify the correct parts. When I asked the price on a new lift motor (mine was starting to fail but I was 5 months out of warranty), she told me it was free as a "goodwill" gesture (normally about $225).

3 months later, I ordered more parts. Phone was answered, parts were shipped the next day.

just my experiences
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
You would think All FR divisions would sale replacement parts . I either have a lazy division which i believe correct or not all will sale parts . East To West by the way not happy with this division at all . they must have hired all the ones the other division fired for stupidity . This is a fairly new division and they suck
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 02:26 PM   #94

I got my trailer back a week or so ago and the new counter top fits as well as expected (it looks warped but so did the other one so it may be the cabinet) Its not going back as if it needs anything I will do it my self. I really had to throw a hissy to get some answers on what was going on and why the delay . I never did get a tracking number although there was one ?
Old 09-21-2022, 07:42 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
You would think All FR divisions would sale replacement parts . I either have a lazy division which i believe correct or not all will sale parts . East To West by the way not happy with this division at all . they must have hired all the ones the other division fired for stupidity . This is a fairly new division and they suck
Excuses I can make for Flagstaff/Rockwood being decent with parts support for A-frames and pop-ups:
  • A-frames and pop-ups need more manufacturer parts support than the other divisions. The A-frames and pop-ups are often part of rental fleets because they can be towed by common vehicles. The rental wear and tear requires better parts support than other TT.
  • Also, the folding mechanisms are critical items not subcontracted to 3rd party suppliers. And because the folding mechanisms do suffer wear and tear, decent parts support is needed directly from Flagstaff/Rockwood.
  • A-frame/pop-up parts are often small enough to keep shipping charges reasonable, which further encourages ordering parts from the manufacturer.
This doesn't make lack of parts support for other divisions easier to swallow. Just pointing out why decent parts support is essential for the folding campers, with the needs of the rental fleet being the biggest reason.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2022 Hyundai Palisade
pgandw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 08:48 AM   #96

Kind of hoping this thread isn't a bad sign. We spotted a little hole in the window screen on our new Wolf Pup during the walk through, and when we mentioned it to the salesman, he said to call them on Monday to talk to the warranty folks. They had us send them pictures of the hole, didn't hear anything for a week. Called back, they said they received the pictures, but need Forest River to approve the repair, and mentioned that they are having lots of warranty repairs that are a little more dire than a torn window screen. Three weeks later, still nothing. Hoping they'll come through, I'm willing to overlook that these things are poorly assembled so I've had to tighten a couple leaky hose fittings and clean up all the manufacturing scraps, but it's kind of the principle of it: If you're plunking down a chunk of change on a NEW RV, it shouldn't arrive with damage. Sure, I might even have some screen material in my garage and I could replace it myself in less time than it would take to tow it back to the dealer, but I shouldn't have to.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:58 AM   #97
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsherman26 View Post
Kind of hoping this thread isn't a bad sign. We spotted a little hole in the window screen on our new Wolf Pup during the walk through, and when we mentioned it to the salesman, he said to call them on Monday to talk to the warranty folks. They had us send them pictures of the hole, didn't hear anything for a week. Called back, they said they received the pictures, but need Forest River to approve the repair, and mentioned that they are having lots of warranty repairs that are a little more dire than a torn window screen. Three weeks later, still nothing. Hoping they'll come through, I'm willing to overlook that these things are poorly assembled so I've had to tighten a couple leaky hose fittings and clean up all the manufacturing scraps, but it's kind of the principle of it: If you're plunking down a chunk of change on a NEW RV, it shouldn't arrive with damage. Sure, I might even have some screen material in my garage and I could replace it myself in less time than it would take to tow it back to the dealer, but I shouldn't have to.
Did you try the Cherokee division (who built your unit) warranty department or only the FR corporate level?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 09:29 AM   #98
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsherman26 View Post
If you found it during your walk-through, why is it being fixed under warranty?

It should've been fixed before you gave them any money.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:03 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
If you found it during your walk-through, why is it being fixed under warranty?

It should've been fixed before you gave them any money.

Not necessarily. Sometimes you and the dealer agree that they need to order parts and if its not life and death to the operation of the trailer then you take it back when scheduled after they receive the parts . In this case though the dealer could have just fixed it before they came for the walk thru and pickup. Its a screen . Remember though it is warranty and has to go thru the factory !
Dave N8DC
Old 10-12-2022, 10:58 AM   #100

Right. Keep an eye on your fresh water tank.Mine bellied out and deformed from the weight of the water when filled and pushed the bottom panel off. It came off when I was pulling it. Lucky I wasnt on the interstate doing 70. Forest River was unconcerned and hung up on me. I will not buy another one of their products. There is no support under the tank. I am going to add tank support. Apparetly they are putting cheap tanks in their campers with no support. Beware! I think the tank will actually fall out if support is not added.

2021 Forest River Salem FSX 178bhsk
davwde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty