Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2020, 12:12 PM   #1
Tim W

Forest River Warranty Department (if they really have one)

Trying to reach FR warranty department, even with the dealer phone number given to me, is impossible. You always get an answering machine. They never call back. Between them and the disorganized dealership I waited months before finally using my insurance to get the repair done ($500 deductible). OK rant over. If anybody has a phone number with a real person answering perhaps help us all by posting it. Thank you.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:27 PM   #2

Curious just what your "warranty" issue might be.

-- Chuck
Old 11-23-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
Site Team

What division made your trailer? You didn’t give us any information either here or in your profile. You need to contact the warranty department of the division that built your trailer (Wildwood, Coachmen, rPod, etc.), not the corporate office.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Trying to reach FR warranty department, even with the dealer phone number given to me, is impossible. You always get an answering machine. They never call back. Between them and the disorganized dealership I waited months before finally using my insurance to get the repair done ($500 deductible). OK rant over. If anybody has a phone number with a real person answering perhaps help us all by posting it. Thank you.
I have been able to talk to several people at "warranty service". At least 2 no longer work there. So the issue gets forgotten. I wont get carried away here. It is a long story.

I will send you a private message with some info.
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
What division made your trailer? You didn’t give us any information either here or in your profile. You need to contact the warranty department of the division that built your trailer (Wildwood, Coachmen, rPod, etc.), not the corporate office.
Or motorized RV.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:06 PM   #6
Tim W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_S View Post
Curious just what your "warranty" issue might be.

-- Chuck

Hi Chuck, the trailer and components had a one year warranty. At first I was told the awing was not covered, call Thule. Not true. The manufacturer is responsible for choosing and mounting that awning. But calling Forest River, and getting a response was impossible even using the number the dealer gave me.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:15 PM   #7
Tim W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post

I did not know that, thank you Dan. I trusted the dealer to give me the right number. Good information and thank you. And yes I will fill out profile and provide info from now on. Just an angry moment for me...
Old 11-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #8
Site Team

A major portion of any RV is comprised of OEM equipment ( AC, Fridge, frame, etc.) and FR is just an integrator. The warranty on most of the OEM items is provided by the OEM and serviced by the dealer. Winter is a great time to get ( download) all the manuals and warranties for the OEM items. If you did not get a build sheet with that info ask your dealer or create your own by copying make, model, serial number off the items . Keep a copy in the RV and at home it will be invaluable for service and parts.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:30 PM   #9

I have to give credit where credit is due. I called Flagstaff to order parts for my A-frame Dec 26, 2019. I left a message, and was called back later that day. I was prepared with my VIN number so the parts lady could verify the correct parts. When I asked the price on a new lift motor (mine was starting to fail but I was 5 months out of warranty), she told me it was free as a "goodwill" gesture (normally about $225).

3 months later, I ordered more parts. Phone was answered, parts were shipped the next day.

just my experiences
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:34 PM   #10
Tim W

excellent info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
A major portion of any RV is comprised of OEM equipment ( AC, Fridge, frame, etc.) and FR is just an integrator. The warranty on most of the OEM items is provided by the OEM and serviced by the dealer. Winter is a great time to get ( download) all the manuals and warranties for the OEM items. If you did not get a build sheet with that info ask your dealer or create your own by copying make, model, serial number off the items . Keep a copy in the RV and at home it will be invaluable for service and parts.

More news for this newbie. Thank you so much. I'll get busy on this right now!
Old 11-23-2020, 01:35 PM   #11

we had an issue with our 2020 Rockwood, I used the contact us option on their website and they responded the same day. The dealer said no to the warranty repair and Rockwood covered it.
JCs2020Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:36 PM   #12
Tim W

Smile thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
I have to give credit where credit is due. I called Flagstaff to order parts for my A-frame Dec 26, 2019. I left a message, and was called back later that day. I was prepared with my VIN number so the parts lady could verify the correct parts. When I asked the price on a new lift motor (mine was starting to fail but I was 5 months out of warranty), she told me it was free as a "goodwill" gesture (normally about $225).

3 months later, I ordered more parts. Phone was answered, parts were shipped the next day.

just my experiences
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame

Yes this is a new learning. I need to call the brand, not the parent company. I think I tried that but obviously I gave up too soon. Super appreciate this valuable information! Thank you!!
Old 11-23-2020, 01:39 PM   #13
Tim W

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCs2020Rockwood View Post
we had an issue with our 2020 Rockwood, I used the contact us option on their website and they responded the same day. The dealer said no to the warranty repair and Rockwood covered it.

Huh. Maybe dealer service is universally dysfunctional. But now I know to call the brand manufacturer, not the parent company. Learn something new every day. And Rockwood rocks! Kudos to them.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:42 PM   #14
Tim W

thank you so much everybody!! I learned some important things today like call the company who actually made the camper and be aware that all they do is put together OEM parts (so make a list of these parts and contact info).
Old 11-23-2020, 01:45 PM   #15
BMullins46

TimW, just be aware that like a lot of businesses this year they may be working short handed because of the Covid-19. They have people out in quarrantine and they have lost people to the virus so be patient. Also approaching them in a kind manner helps also. Good luck.
BMullins46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:48 PM   #16
Tim W

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMullins46 View Post
TimW, just be aware that like a lot of businesses this year they may be working short handed because of the Covid-19. They have people out in quarrantine and they have lost people to the virus so be patient. Also approaching them in a kind manner helps also. Good luck.

Very good point! But in my 6-month long interactions with the dealer, I found them to be totally disorganized. And a bit curt and rude. The place I had it fixed was, in contrast, incredibly helpful, despite COVID they communicated well and got her fixed!
Old 11-23-2020, 01:58 PM   #17
D W

Quote:
Try sending a PM through this forum to " ES_FR " with details about your problem. I have seen FR people from this user name respond to customer complaints/issues, and they have provided a direct point of contact at FR.

Worth a try.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:02 PM   #18

If there's a separate manual for the awning the warranty will listed there. These seldom have any relationship to the trailer manufacturer or to the selling dealer. My only "warranty" issue was a refrigerator recall and the local Jayco dealer was more than happy to fix it at no expense to me.

--Chuck
Old 11-23-2020, 02:21 PM   #19
BMullins46

Tim W, Unlike automobile dealers each RV dealer is independently owned and a lot of them really don't seem to want to deal with you once you pay them for the unit. The dealer being unorganized has nothing to do with Forest River. I think you will find that the people at Forest River will really want to help you, that has been my experience and the experience of many folks here on this forum. The biggest hurdle you have is getting to the right place, which is the factory for your particular brand od RV.
BMullins46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:47 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Very good point! But in my 6-month long interactions with the dealer, I found them to be totally disorganized. And a bit curt and rude. The place I had it fixed was, in contrast, incredibly helpful, despite COVID they communicated well and got her fixed!
Since it seems you joined here way AFTER you bought your TT, you've got a lot of educating yourself to do.

So another thing you probably don't know is that you can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV tech to do warranty work. You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty