Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2021, 09:31 PM   #1

Angry Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Driving east from Spokane in our Sprinter- based Forester, we suddenly lost power just past Coeur d'Alene and the engine started to smoke. Pulled over, opened the hood, and there was diesel fuel everywhere. We called Good Sam for help at about 8:30am and they promised to get us a tow. Called again a couple times that morning and got the same thing - they would give us a call. Then nothing. All afternoon, nothing. We finally called Mercedes and got set up with a tow. But we never heard back from Good Sam. Two days later we called to complain and ended up with a supervisor who said that was very concerning and he would forward our complaint to the Regional Manager's team for an investigation. He said he would call back the next day. He didn't. We called him back after three more days of hearing nothing and had to leave a message. As far as Good Sam is concerned, we could still be on the side of the road. They never found us a tow, they never found anyone to work on the RV, and they never even called us back to say they had given up. What have we been paying them for? No service, no explanation, no apology, just hoping we'll go away, I guess. That company should be shut down!
Old 08-10-2021, 12:09 PM   #2

well that is sad to read.......we just signed on for another year with them....lol. I hope I dont need the help.
masque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 03:08 PM   #3

Ya I got the same a year ago
Tavcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:47 AM   #4

I had a similar experience with the roadside assistance from Progressive...needed a flat tire changed on the trailer and thought I'd give them a call (car was already packed and would be a pain to unload it to get to the jack). Called and they promised someone would be there within the hour. 3 hours later...nothing. Finally said to hell with it and changed the tire myself. Never did receive any call back or response from them except for a text message later in the day asking me to fill out a survey on their service!

I suspect they called a local company who promised they'd dispatch and that was the end of it as far as Progressive was concerned...no follow up on their end and the local company either dropped the ball or figured Progressive wasn't paying them enough for the service.

It cost $16 per year to add it to my insurance...if they drop the ball again I'll drop that coverage.
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:09 AM   #5

Location: Jonesboro AR--Home of Arkansas State University and the Red Wolves
We dropped the Good Sams Roadside Assistance and enrolled in the Family Motor Coach Association(FMCA)....we've got with the membership a roadside assistance policy and we also have a medical assistance policy.....yeah, we paid extra...haven't had to use any of it yet....like most insurance policies, you never know what you have until you have to use it.....we had heard too many stories like the one above with Good Sams.
2014 - 38 nights/3500 mi.; 2015 - 66 nights/6260 mi.; 2016 - 44 nights/6106 mi.; 2017-65 nights/6992 mi.; 2018-47 nights/7376 mi; 2019-65 nights/7825 mi.; 2020-59 nights/4142 mi.; 2021-39 nights/3072 mi./11 nights booked
jtownstumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam