Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2020, 11:29 AM   #1

Ram 3500 warranty

I have a 2017 Dynamax Rev that I totally enjoy but I recently had a failed air conditioner that came with the Ram chassis. I was told it had a 3 year warranty but since the chassis was purchased by Dynamax in 2016 the warranty period for the chassis started in 2016, even though I didn’t drive it off the dealer lot until November 2017. I have disagreed with Dodge/Chrysler over when the warranty period starts but to no avail. I think everyone should be made aware of this policy.
Td12327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Td12327 View Post
I have a 2017 Dynamax Rev that I totally enjoy but I recently had a failed air conditioner that came with the Ram chassis. I was told it had a 3 year warranty but since the chassis was purchased by Dynamax in 2016 the warranty period for the chassis started in 2016, even though I didn’t drive it off the dealer lot until November 2017. I have disagreed with Dodge/Chrysler over when the warranty period starts but to no avail. I think everyone should be made aware of this policy.
Cant fault Ram, I mean Dynomax took delivery of it in 2016 and they have no control over what dynomax did to it during that time. I mean unless i'm missing something they "purchased" that chassis for their coach, regardless of when it went into service. This would be like someone purchasing a new truck, driving it home and putting it in their garage for a year and then 4 years later trying to claim warranty on an item that is only promised at 3 years. It doesnt matter if it was never driven.
I'm surprised any Vehicle manufacturer offers any warranty once it goes to a coach shop etc..
I do agree that people should be aware of it, but I dont see any fault from Ram here.
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Cant fault Ram, I mean Dynomax took delivery of it in 2016 and they have no control over what dynomax did to it during that time. I mean unless i'm missing something they "purchased" that chassis for their coach, regardless of when it went into service. This would be like someone purchasing a new truck, driving it home and putting it in their garage for a year and then 4 years later trying to claim warranty on an item that is only promised at 3 years. It doesnt matter if it was never driven.
I'm surprised any Vehicle manufacturer offers any warranty once it goes to a coach shop etc..
I do agree that people should be aware of it, but I dont see any fault from Ram here.
Would that be like someone buying a leftover car from a dealer that is a year old but is given a 3 year warranty from the manufacturer that starts on the day they drive the car off the lot.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Would that be like someone buying a leftover car from a dealer that is a year old but is given a 3 year warranty from the manufacturer that starts on the day they drive the car off the lot.
No actually that would be a very different situation.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:11 PM   #5

Quote:
You are talking 2 different scenarios now.

Buying a leftover car is not the same thing.. A left overcar is just that leftover, new but unsold.. Where is the chassis in your case HAS been sold to Dynomax.so IF the manufacturer of the chassis, meaning RAM said you have 3 years from date of purchase, then You would have warranty left, However what they are saying is since Dynomax purchased the chassis, then the clock starts ticking. It would seem to me that Dynomax may be the one who told you you have 3 years of factory warranty on the chassis from date of purchase so perhaps your beef should be with Dynomax.. Or maybe its all a big screw up. Perhaps a call to FCA corporate will get it resolved I dunno. I feel for ya, but I also completely understand how they can do what they are doing. Not that I agree with it mind you.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:26 PM   #6

The warrantee starts on delivery of the complete vehicle to the individual buying the COMPLETED vehicle. When you bought the REV the dealer was supposed to notify Ram and Dynamax of the delivery date to start the warrantee coverage. IF the dealer did not do this, Ram uses the date delivered to the upfitter. Contact Dynamax for help on the date.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMor View Post
The warrantee starts on delivery of the complete vehicle to the individual buying the COMPLETED vehicle. When you bought the REV the dealer was supposed to notify Ram and Dynamax of the delivery date to start the warrantee coverage. IF the dealer did not do this, Ram uses the date delivered to the upfitter. Contact Dynamax for help on the date.

Frank
This is the correct answer!
Old 07-04-2020, 08:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddupton View Post
This is the correct answer!
It "SHOULD" be the correct answer, but in the OP's case it is not. As Said Ram is counting the deliver to Dynomax as the in service date which I agree, is wrong, but the wires crossed seem to be on dynomaxs end and not Rams, THEY delivered a coach to an individual stating it had x amount of warranty, which I would suspect would leave Dynomax on the hook, which is also wrong.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:45 PM   #9
Site Team

The warranty on the chassis should begin on the day the first end user of the completed vehicle took delivery. The RV dealer notifies FR who in turn notifies the chassis manufacturer of the "In Service Date".

Td12327, I suggest you Private Message bclemens, as in Brian Clemens, the GM of Dynamax. Brian is very active here and if anyone can solve this Brian will.
2021 F-150 4X2 SuperCrew Lariat 502A, 3.5L Powerboost Hybrid, 3.55 gears, Tow Technology Package, Tow Mirrors, 1,840# Cargo, 7,000# Tow, 7.2KW Pro Power, Sumo Springs, A.R.E. Z2 Topper

It is better to have too much truck than to have too much trailer.
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:57 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
It "SHOULD" be the correct answer, but in the OP's case it is not. As Said Ram is counting the deliver to Dynomax as the in service date which I agree, is wrong, but the wires crossed seem to be on dynomaxs end and not Rams, THEY delivered a coach to an individual stating it had x amount of warranty, which I would suspect would leave Dynomax on the hook, which is also wrong.
We actually know nothing of the sort. It appears you are taking liberties with what has happened. There is not nearly enough info to draw a bunch of conclusions.

1. We don’t deliver the coach. The dealer does.
2. The dealer needs to submit the “ delayed start warranty” which restarts the warranty on retail deliver.

If the original poster can post the last 6 of the VIN, I’d gladly look into this.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We actually know nothing of the sort. It appears you are taking liberties with what has happened. There is not nearly enough info to draw a bunch of conclusions.

2. The dealer needs to submit the “ delayed start warranty” which restarts the warranty on retail deliver.

If the original poster can post the last 6 of the VIN, I’d gladly look into this.
I haven't drawn conclusions, The OP has. He has said that Ram faulted him by not honoring warranty. I simply stated that it could be Ram, or dynomax or a number of other things. I also stated I understand where Ram could start the warranty the day dynomax took delivery but figured wires were crossed somewhere ultimately and a lil leg work would straighten it out.

BUT, per Dealer or Dynomax, who holds the warranty for the coach, the dealer or Dynomax? I would assume Dynomax through the dealership with other separate warranties on things like fridges slides etc through their respective component company. This would be the same with Ram, I assume the dealership flubbed some sort of communication to Ram on "in service" date, OR Ram flubbed up something by not recording the in service date but assuming the date was when it was sold. Either way Im sure its a simple mixup, but on who's end i do not know..Guessing you all will figure it out though!
Old 07-06-2020, 08:27 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Quote:
If you would be so kind as to PM me the last 6 of the VIN or just post it here, I would be happy to take a look.

Old 07-06-2020, 08:54 AM   #13

Quote:

I appreciate your input and anything you could do to help. I do have a copy of the warranty start form of 11/9/17 that was given to me at the time of purchase. I did include that form when I submitted the claim. The last six digits of the VIN 518346
Old 07-06-2020, 09:02 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
I appreciate your input and anything you could do to help. I do have a copy of the warranty start form of 11/9/17 that was given to me at the time of purchase. I did include that form when I submitted the claim. The last six digits of the VIN 518346
No worries...we'll get it squared away.

Normally when I see this, it is one of two reasons.

1. it is a Canadian unit. For some reason, Dodge Canada is way hard to deal with than Dodge US when it comes to delayed start. In the US, they just do it and move on, Canada has to make everything difficult.

2. The dealer did not properly execute the delayed start paperwork. As soon as I pulled your VIN up and saw Copely's, that gave me pause.

In any event, the US guys have been pretty easy to work with when we get the right people. Be back shortly.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:52 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Can you reach out to our people directly please?

Try my service/warranty manager.
Dan Dobecki
888-295-7859 Ext. 55203
ddobecki@forestriverinc.com

If you can get him a copy of the bill of sale, we will go to Fiat Chrysler directly on this, by-passing the dealer.

Old 07-07-2020, 05:53 AM   #16

Quote:
Can you reach out to our people directly please?

Try my service/warranty manager.
Dan Dobecki
888-295-7859 Ext. 55203
ddobecki@forestriverinc.com

If you can get him a copy of the bill of sale, we will go to Fiat Chrysler directly on this, by-passing the dealer.
Thank you for the contact information. I will call and email him today
Old 07-09-2020, 02:00 PM   #17

I bought a 2017 Forest River Sunseeker on a 2016 Mercedes Sprinter chassis’s and the Mercedes warranty started the day I drove it off the lot.
EdFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFla View Post
I bought a 2017 Forest River Sunseeker on a 2016 Mercedes Sprinter chassis’s and the Mercedes warranty started the day I drove it off the lot.
Thanks for your input. I believe that is the way it should be handled
Old 07-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #19

Interesting discussion about when the OEM 3/36 kicks in.
In most cases, "brand new" motorhomes sold in the west have about 2500 miles on the odometer.
Does the factory warranty extend the mileage to 38,500 because it was not placed in service until it was actually sold?
Old 07-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Interesting discussion about when the OEM 3/36 kicks in.
In most cases, "brand new" motorhomes sold in the west have about 2500 miles on the odometer.
Does the factory warranty extend the mileage to 38,500 because it was not placed in service until it was actually sold?
I personally feel that miles driven are miles that would count toward the warranty limits, no matter when they start. But I believe warranty period should start when the end user takes possession.

Tags
3500, 500, ram, warranty