Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2017, 03:22 AM   #1

RVLOCK Quality and Service

I ordered a RV Lock V13 lock on January 11th of this year with the intention of installing it in the spring since my trailer was still in storage. Unfortunately I discovered there is only a 90 day warranty on their products, so when I went to install it this May it was no longer in warranty. The lock installed just fine, but the engaging clutch slipped continually....sometimes it would engage every second or third time, but was never reliable. I had to make sure every time I used the key fob that it had actually locked (Or not). I contacted the company who had me try everything from loosening screws to try to keep it from binding to lubricating different parts. Nothing worked, and since this lock only has a 90 day warranty, I am out of luck. I wound up replacing it with my original old reliable lockset and put this piece of junk in my spare parts shelf. It rankles me every time I see it, since I had such high hopes. I know a lot of you have had great success with their products, however I cannot recommend them. If you do purchase from them please make sure you have a functional product within 90 days...or purchase their extended warranty, because your on your own if it doesn't work.
gjcrawford111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:15 AM   #2

As a follow up to my original post, RVLOCK contacted me and are replacing the defective lock. They even sent a prepaid mailing label to return it. So I have to say they do stand behind their products.
gjcrawford111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:40 AM   #3

Glad to hear that so far it has worked out for you...

Please keep us all posted as to the final install success/failure.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lock, quality, service