Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2019, 07:19 PM   #1

Scrap Carpet in Underbelly

Yes, weird title I know. Last Summer after camping for a weekend in a campground I used my black tank flush to clean out the tank. I noted that clean water was coming out the underbelly. The hose for the flush has come loose. I took it to my dealer for repair.

They removed the underbelly cover to find the problem as I stated that the hose had come loose but also found several pieces of discarded carpet in the underbelly. I thought yea wierd but probably just a lazy employee.

So my buddy who bought the same trailer as me was doing some mods to his trailer and had to remove part of the underbelly cover only to find......yes several pieces of discarded carpet enough to fill a good size tote. I can only imagine what is elsewhere in my trailer body as we have the exact same trailer and my weight 20kg heavier than his......

I'll keep you updated if I find any other wonderful things along the way

Cheers
Dan
goforet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:34 AM   #2

That’s absolutely ridiculous, but not surprising. Also, anything additional like that adds weight. Would probably be worth some pics sent to FR if for nothing else to embarrass them.
spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:06 AM   #3

Hello.... it's the recycling program. Companies win brownie points for having less waste...
You found them and will now make a use for them. Matching floor mats.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
underbelly