Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2016, 01:37 PM   #1

Tough Top Awnings

I don't write many reviews. Usually because I believe in getting some run time on things before talking about how wonderful or awful they are, and by the time the run time is in I forget about the review. Anyway.....

My factory slide topper awnings on my 2013 365SAQ started falling apart last year and what started as a slight deterioration turned into a complete disintegration rapidly. So I did what everyone does and I Googled to the ends of the internet to find the best (cost/quality ratio) replacement.

After much research I settle on Tough Top Awnings. The folks at Tough Top were kind enough to entertain my calls (yes there were several) to ensure I understood which products would fit my need (they have several different weight materials) and they provided the sufficient moral support when I wasn't sure I was measuring correctly. I finally placed my order and then sat at the window waiting for the UPS truck......

So, before I go on I need to be clear about one thing. All of their products are cut to order so there is no 'stock' sitting around.

The day after I placed my order I received a status update telling me they would be completed in one more day and then shipped. So, simple math here, I ordered a custom product on Day 0 and on Day 2 I was notified that it would ship on Day 3 - not bad. On Day 2 I received another update that the order was done and that it was shipping. So now we're already ahead of scheduled - excellent. I returned to the window to wait on UPS, I'm cheap and opted for ground shipping.

On Day 6 my order arrives. I open a box and find three custom cut toppers, thoughtfully packed, and in perfect condition. Also in the box were detailed instructions and a tech support number. That weekend I enlisted the help of my brother-in-law and following the directions provided we swapped three slide topper canvases in about and hour and 45 minutes.

The directions were great, the service was great, the products are second to none. I've put almost a season of camping on these slide toppers and they still look and perform like the day we put them on. They are heavier, brighter, and just flat our better than the original equipment.

Hat's off to Tough Top for providing the full package - great product and great customer service. I find that I all too often I just expect a bad experience and a poor product. To find something that is near perfect is nothing short or a miracle.

If you need new awnings, slide toppers, anything related to canvas or vinyl, call them. You will not be disappointed.

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning