Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #1

Truma LevelCheck LP

I usually don't buy into all the hocas pocas gadgets floating around, but I took a chance on an ebay bid deal for one of the truma levelcheck ultrasonic deals for $42 delivered. It finally caught up to me and the darn thing actually works! I tried it on a 1# cylinder that didn't work, but on the 3 20#, 2 30# and the 100# tanks it worked like a charm.

It seems someone learned their lesson and I don't see any others for auction on ebay. Just buy it now's from $50-$62. Really nice peace of mind though. It runs off a standard 9v battery. I understand that you can purchase through their website for $70. At that price I don't know if it would be worth it.. heck.. even at $42 it's pretty steep, but as far as I know it's the first definitive LP tank gauge.

Long term I have absolutely no frame of reference, but I'll update as time goes by. Off the cuff though it seems to be a pretty handly little tool.

~Cheers
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #2

I've been using one for over a year now. I like it. Keep the tip clean to prevent false readings. Also, has to be pushed straight in for accurate readings. I think I paid $60 for it.

BTW, I still weight the tanks when I want to be precise...
Old 10-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #3

I bought one a few months ago from their website. It is a quality unit, made in Germany not in China. I have used it numerous times to check the propane level in my tanks. Been using the furnace a lot up here on the north coast. With shipping, the unit was almost $75. Money well spent!

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote