RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Wanna Be Camper

TST 507 RV 1 year review

I am putting this under negative simply because there is no other category to describe slightly erratic but that does not mean I am slamming TST. But you have to call a spade a spade IMO.

Well after 1 year and really only 1 18 day trip on my 507RV TPMS system that I purchased last april, I have some observations to pass on. I installed the sensors in July last year and had the tires balanced with new high pressure valve stems and I took the sensors off in Sept and stored them for the winter.

During our trip to Indiana last Aug on several occassions randomly one of the sensors would stop transmitting for an hour or so then come back and be fine for the rest of the day. I never thought much of it at the time and then a few weeks ago I reinstaleld the sensors and only 1 would work so I ordered new batteries. This past weekend I installed the new batteries and now only one does not work and I have emailed Truck Systems and am currently waiting a response from them. I do have a couple other small observations though.

1: On one sensor it is apparent they stripped the screw hole in the theft proof cover as there was a larger screw in one of the holes.

2: On 3 sensors, they were screwed together so tightly that they tore the O ring gaskets into a bunch of pieces and when I went to the package of spare O rings they so kindly include there were none for the covers on the sensors. Again I included this in the info I sent the company.

I am not unhappy that I purchsed this system but feel they have dropped the ball with quality control and am waiting to see how they handle the issues. Unfortunatly I will be stuck with a bad sensor for our 4000 mile trip we leave on this thursday afternoon. But that's life I guess and as much my fault for not checking out the gear sooner.

So abt 1 hour after sending an email to TST, Mike called me and explained the sensors and how the O rings I thought were too small were indeed the correct ones and that thay needed to be stretched to fit. Then we discuused the bad sensor and he is having a sensor shipped to one of the CG's we will be staying at in Tennessee for me to pickup at the office.

With that being siad it is hard to be anything but impressed with TST and how they deal with issues.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

Well we finished our trip and I have a few more observations about the 507 system. First Mike from TST was stellar in that the sensor that he said would be at the Graceland RV park in Tennessee on the specified day showed up as he said so to TST for support. The funny thing is the sensor that would not work after changing the batteries decided to start working when we left on the trip so I did not need Mike's sensor. However as the trip went randomly a sensor would go out after about 3 hours of driving and cause an alarm so I would just shut the receiver off and then turn it back on so it would not beep every time it got to that position. However most times the other sensors would just randomly start to come back online or not at all. Stopping for fuel though, all the sensors would be back online before we started out again. Before I sent another email to TST I roughly measured from the windshield position of the receiver to the rear axle and it is approx 34ft so I gave that info to TST and they believe a repeater is necessary. I do love this system though and will be totally satisfied once I get the repeater, all 4 tires stayed within 4 psi and 5 degrees the entire 4300 mile trip so I was very happy with the actual tire performance. I also shoot the tread surface temp every stop with a temp gun while checking the hubs and brake temps just to be sure.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote