Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
Site Team

Walmart.com for tires

OK. This is a little pro and con for using Walmart.com for ordering tires. I ordered 4 Michelin LTX AT2 LT275X65R18 E online on Feb 28. Got an instant email reply that delivery would be 3/10-3/14, and I would be notified by email when they arrive with free shipping at my local walmart. March 14 came and went. I called the store- no tires. I emailed walmart.com- was referred to website for tracking info. Tracking info said shipped March 2nd. Then stated "delayed" with no explanation. Was not able to cancel order due to "shipped" status. Went to local store this morning (March 19) and waited about 15 minutes for someone to come to the customer service counter. After speaking with 4th person there, explaining the situation, she checked their computer and announced the tires were not there. I knew that! I asked her to try to locate them. No way! I called walmart.com customer service number and after a few minutes with a nice lady there, she told me she would declare the tires "lost in transit" and send another set of tires "rush" delivery. That meant 3 days. I told her I needed them today and wanted my refund. She had me ask a store employee to get on the phone and she would authorize the refund. After another 20 minutes of waiting for a manager, the manager came up and asked if anyone had checked in the TLE? (Tire&Lube Express) for the tires. The employees standing around all said "no." So she told one of them to call TLE and "Ask if the gentleman's tires are there." 30 seconds later, Yes, your tires have been there since March 5th. DUH!
TLE never notified receiving that they had the tires, therefore I was not notified that they were there. What a mix up.
Anyway, an hour later I'm driving out on my new michelins and they look great.
So a word to the wise from experience, if you order tires through walmart.com, don't wait to be notified of their arrival. Tires are not delivered to the same place as other walmart.com orders. They go straight to TLE.
Call TLE and ask them if they are there.
On the plus side...the manufacturer date is December 2013.Fresh new tires.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Forest River Forums mobile app

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #2

I wouldn't expect anything different from Walmart. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
i wouldn't expect anything different from walmart. Good luck
x20000!

Old 03-19-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
Carknocker Family

I ordered a swing set from them in November to give to my three year old for xmas. It was lost twice and I finally got it Jan 4. You got ALOT more customer service than I did! Glad you got your tires and are happy.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:26 PM   #5

Interesting, I never had a problem with them ordering tires several times. The manager even solved your problem as well.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #6
Site Team

As usual, all the screwup was at our local store. Good help is hard to find. Especially in this little town.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Old 03-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #7

dcheatwood
Not to hijack the thread, I am curious how they feel when towing. I am looking to do the same on my truck. Let me know after you tow.

Thanks
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max (sold)
Jjsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #8

Not to change the subject either but, I had the exact same experience with Sam's Club. My wife ordered pictures online and chose our local club to pick them up, when I get there they looked at me like I had 10 heads. I told them I was here to pick them up and she said, we don't do pictures because we have no photo booth. It was the same thing looking all over, turns out they got lost somewhere and they had to reorder at no charge to us.

Some of these companies are trying to be so convenient to the customer by offering all these options when they have no processes in place and all that it does is inconvenience the customer.

Good luck with the tires, IMO you can't beat Michelin tires.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #9

I bought a set of tire at Wally's they had them in stock in the size I needed.
Lady said it will take an hour to put them on, cool go for it.

An hour plus later I went to pay for them but the car was still outside on the old ones, WTH, so I ask what the deal is and the lady said the tire machine was broken and the repair guy just showed.

So another hour and a half later I paid for them minus 10% for the long wait, the tires lasted four years.

Have tire installers forgotten how to do tires with a couple of bars and soapy water or are they not shown how?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjsav View Post
dcheatwood
Not to hijack the thread, I am curious how they feel when towing. I am looking to do the same on my truck. Let me know after you tow.

Thanks
Will do. Taking a little 120 round trip this weekend, mostly interstate. I'll post thoughts Sunday or Monday.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
I wouldn't expect anything different from Walmart. Good Luck

I ordered many other things thru walmart.com and had quick, free delivery and no issues. Items like Televisions, fishing equipment, electronics, etc. never an issue. It appears that the shipping and receiving department of the local stores don't accept tires but rather sends them around the building to to the tire and lube dept. (unless the store has no tire and lube)
The problem here was no communication between departments and employees having no inititive to seek answers to questions. There's your problem!

Old 03-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #12

I would think that if you ordered tires the FIRST place to check is the tire department ....just MHO 😉
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post

Have tire installers forgotten how to do tires with a couple of bars and soapy water or are they not shown how?
With all these aluminum/alloy wheels and customers who will try to sue if you "scratch" their wheels.........it isn't something I will let my guys do.

Chip a bead on a Michelin tire, and it's pretty well junk too.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
I would think that if you ordered tires the FIRST place to check is the tire department ....just MHO 😉
Nope. There's a service desk that you are sent to for all Walmart.com orders. Even says Walmart.com on a sign hanging from the ceiling. And the order reply email refers you to the Walmart.com desk for pick up and says you'll get an email when your item arrives. Tires are the only exception but that info is not provided.

Sent from David's RAZR M.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #15

I know how it works at Walmart .... But tires will most likely be at the tire dept and I would be sure to ask that as soon as the service desk people give you that "I don't know" look and/or answer
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:48 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
I know how it works at Walmart .... But tires will most likely be at the tire dept and I would be sure to ask that as soon as the service desk people give you that "I don't know" look and/or answer
Yes. Now I know. ; *)

Old 03-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
Interesting, I never had a problem with them ordering tires several times. The manager even solved your problem as well.
Yes. If only it hadn't taken more than an hour to get a manager involved. She knew her stuff but no one else had a clue. Now I know should I ever order tires again.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Will do. Taking a little 120 round trip this weekend, mostly interstate. I'll post thoughts Sunday or Monday.

OK. Pulled the Rockwood 8282ws 60 miles down I-49 and back on 2 lane highway 1. I noticed 2 things about the E rated tired different from the P tires that were original. First, they picked up a lot of rocks in the cg driveway and slung them out as I sped up. No big deal. Second, the front end seemed a little squirrely while towing. Not dangerous or drifting, just a little light like one link too many on the wdh of a bumper pull.
I pulled with 70 psi rear and 60 psi front.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #19

dcheatwood

Thank you for the towing report.... Hope you trip was good. Very jelous, still to cold up hear in the North east....
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max (sold)
Jjsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #20
Site Team

Had a busy weekend. Grandson's birthday Friday night. Granddaughter's was Saturday. No time at the camper at all other than sleep.

Tags
tire, tires