Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2016, 06:10 PM   #1

Angry Warranty Work

Is anyone else having problems with warranty work ? we bought new Rockwood TT at Camping World in Jackson , Ms. Forest River is taking their time in okaying warranty work, even after they Told me to take it to dealer. Have had the camper in shop 3 times for air condition problems.
Randall32749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:52 PM   #2
Site Team

Most of the time, it's the dealer causing the delay, not the manufacturer.
It's easier for them to pass the blame, rather than tell you the truth.
One example, they often wait until they have enough parts to order, to save on shipping costs.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Most of the time, it's the dealer causing the delay, not the manufacturer.
It's easier for them to pass the blame, rather than tell you the truth.
One example, they often wait until they have enough parts to order, to save on shipping costs.

Since warranty parts are provided by Forest River and not purchased by the dealer performing the warranty work, where is the dealers financial benefit? Its Forest River who would be saving on shipping costs, and I know for a fact its Forest River who will hold up a dealers ordered parts for warranty work so THEY can save the shipping by putting them in a unit they are shipping to that dealer. I don't know if every FR division does it that way but I know for a fact Rockwood does. The microwave they replaced for us on our 2017 Roo was shipped to my dealer, in a new unit. My dealer then paid out of his account to have the oven shipped UPS to my house. Rockwood could of shipped that oven UPS directly to me and saved me a week of waiting but they chose not to.

Its not always the dealer as is thrown out over and over again on this forum. In fact I'd bet its the divisions slow warranty approval process and slow parts shipping process "most of the time".
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:31 AM   #4

the delay is because the dealer has to wait for approval for repairs from FR. Parts aren't ordered until after that happens. Ridiculous process, but normal for the crappy service in the RV industry.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:06 PM   #5
Citrus County, Fl.

Should not be an issue with an AC unit, especially if it needs to be replaced. Ours went out while on vacation. A mobile RV tech came out within an hour of me calling him and 24 hours later I had a new AC unit.

With Camping Worlds reputation I would see you you can get somebody else to look at it for you. All it cost me was $75 for the RV tech to come out. He and his partner probably spent about 3 hours and two trips.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:28 AM   #6

Have to get the floor in my bedroom slide replaced due to shoddy work from the factory or the dealer. Don't know who is at fault but the defect was passed along to me. Dealer sez forest river is giving them 8 hours to fix it as a " courtesy". Anything over 8 hours they say I am liable for. They said I should have caught it sooner. If the Factory doesn't catch it and the dealer doesn't catch it how is it reasonable to think that the customer should catch it? Guess we'll see what happens in a couple of days.
Trobec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #7
Site Team

If your problems are still the AC, call the manufacturer directly and ask them for a service center near you that they recommend and take that route. Most all of the components in an RV are warranted by the component manufacturer and not FR. For other things if you can fix it your self, do it.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:54 PM   #8

2 words explain your problem....."Camping World"
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:17 PM   #9

Good luck, we had a couple of warranty issues, brought it in, had to reschedule, brought it back, got jerked around so much we finally had it in for work and by then the dealer got a new manager, knew nothing about our situation and we were denied any warranty work. MULTIPLE emails and phone calls to FR to no evail, we really feel like we got hosed! I think FR has a serious problem standing behind the product, we will never buy another, it's too bad because we were going to trade up, now we will trade out.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:43 AM   #10

I have taken my Work and Play to a dealer that I did not purchase it from and is not a W&P dealer (they are Forest River). I have not had any issues with waiting for Forest River to authorize repairs. They have treated me as if I was their best customer. So folks, there are some great dealers out there.

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty