Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2021, 02:04 PM   #1

Warranty work. Please Help friends.

Hello RV Owners. I ordered new 2021 RockWood Ultra Lite.2882S from FR thru the dealer who offered best bottom line. Retailer did walk thru didn’t know much and we didn’t notice much at that time except a dozen screw and some parts in drawers. After using for 3 times out there are issues. 1st time out we notices window valances had screws missing loose and stripped. We were told by reseller that roof was small and factory didn’t like to put solar on small roof. So we contacted Forest River directly and they installed 190watt Solar/inverter option to standard package E with options. (1) Now we have a Go Power solar option with controller and a WFCO inverter that have incompatibility problem so the cable from controller to inverter has been left out to avoid from burning up system. The FR Rep says that is the way that model comes from FR. The consumer is supposed to exit coach go to traffic side of coach turn on and off as needed. What a line of B.S. (2) refrigerator light doesn’t secure to refrigerator wall. Tabs Broken. (3) Screws on stovetop cover had fallen out of hinge (not tightened properly) (4) Sewer Black water valve doesn’t seal properly. Every time cap is removed raw sewage runs out. (5) Water pump switch at water controller doesn’t work. (6) Bedroom closet doors have pilot holes but no catches installed. Doors just slide open and closed when traveling. (7) Front exterior compartment light switch has failed. (8) Protruding screw were LP Connection are to be made to use outside cooking accessories. OUCH! (9) Overhead fan blade bracket Broken. (10) Constitution trash left in floor ventilation vents. (11) Gouges in floor covered up with repair tape to hide from inspection. (12) QC. Wood trim pieces stampeded with 3/8 inch plus gaps exposing raw wood. Please advise. Thank you.
Vinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:09 PM   #2

Maybe I missed it, have you contacted your dealer with this list?
1100mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:25 PM   #3

Dealer responsibility

Dealer has been contacted with list. These are the manufacture responsibility. Not dealer issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3BCE4BDB-02BB-4A77-9122-F14A1A8C54AC.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	334.4 KB
ID:	264765   Click image for larger version

Name:	C2E96D80-E56E-4012-A15C-C58F02F01A3E.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	264766   Click image for larger version

Name:	0F6BDB37-B336-48F9-9804-6C16617750B0.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	264767   Click image for larger version

Name:	97C2890B-310D-483A-BCBA-1FEE41AC58A6.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	264768   Click image for larger version

Name:	5E6C8637-610C-4DCB-BBC5-75A845244213.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	264769  

Old 10-21-2021, 07:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
Dealer has been contacted with list. These are the manufacture responsibility. Not dealer issues.
However, the manufacturer pays the dealer to fix them. Unless you want to take the trailer to Elkhart, Indiana and Forest River can fix it there.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:45 PM   #5

Service centers

Only on approval. You also have to find a dealer who didn’t sell the coach who will even work on it.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Only on approval. You also have to find a dealer who didn’t sell the coach who will even work on it.
Which is next to impossible where I live, well except Camping World and I was not going to take my trailer with a slide that needed the movement mechanisms replaced to CW. So, I camped one night on the way to the dealer 300 miles away, visited family for a week, and camped one night on the way back from the dealer.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:33 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Hello RV Owners. I ordered new 2021 RockWood Ultra Lite.2882S from FR thru the dealer who offered best bottom line. Retailer did walk thru didn’t know much and we didn’t notice much at that time except a dozen screw and some parts in drawers. After using for 3 times out there are issues. 1st time out we notices window valances had screws missing loose and stripped. We were told by reseller that roof was small and factory didn’t like to put solar on small roof. So we contacted Forest River directly and they installed 190watt Solar/inverter option to standard package E with options. (1) Now we have a Go Power solar option with controller and a WFCO inverter that have incompatibility problem so the cable from controller to inverter has been left out to avoid from burning up system. The FR Rep says that is the way that model comes from FR. The consumer is supposed to exit coach go to traffic side of coach turn on and off as needed. What a line of B.S. (2) refrigerator light doesn’t secure to refrigerator wall. Tabs Broken. (3) Screws on stovetop cover had fallen out of hinge (not tightened properly) (4) Sewer Black water valve doesn’t seal properly. Every time cap is removed raw sewage runs out. (5) Water pump switch at water controller doesn’t work. (6) Bedroom closet doors have pilot holes but no catches installed. Doors just slide open and closed when traveling. (7) Front exterior compartment light switch has failed. (8) Protruding screw were LP Connection are to be made to use outside cooking accessories. OUCH! (9) Overhead fan blade bracket Broken. (10) Constitution trash left in floor ventilation vents. (11) Gouges in floor covered up with repair tape to hide from inspection. (12) QC. Wood trim pieces stampeded with 3/8 inch plus gaps exposing raw wood. Please advise. Thank you.

So if I am understanding this correctly as per emboldened in red above, you ordered an RV thru a dealer who is most likely thousands of miles away from you now, hence the reasons why you cannot easily return the RV to this dealer for warranty work (and maybe part of your insistence that it's a manufacturer problem and not a dealer who the manufacture pays for warranty work). If so, we have seen this happen many times before and is why FR has on their websites and brochures to "buy locally" for these reasons, as per this link

https://forestriverinc.com/buy-local.aspx

You will need to find a dealer who is willing to provide warranty work (and can be hard if not the selling dealer) to help you. With pre-approval you can even use a mobile RV tech as many members in your situation have done. Not much anything the members of this community can do for you. This is all going to have to be handled via a dealer or Forest River.

Please be aware of this site guideline:

Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community. You may post about problems you have with Forest River products in an effort to learn from others with similar issues, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack or bash Forest River, Forest River products, or Forest River owners is strictly forbidden.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:25 PM   #8

Sorry to say this: Welcome to Forest River where quality doesn't seem to be a priority. The suggestions above are all valid. I would continue to pester the dealer, and FR or find another shop that will agree to do the warranty work. Just make sure you continue to document the issues with copies of correspondence and pictures. Another idea may be to contact one of the RV magazines that has a section that provides assistance in dealing with manufacturers on warranty issues.
Now:2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2008 Ford F-250 Long Bed Diesel
Total of 30 Months on the Road Since 2008
DrLewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 09:15 PM   #9

Have you contacted FR for a list of dealers closer to you?

My dealer was 2.5 hours away.

Just be sure to contact the dealer to see if they will do warranty work. It doesn't pay that much and some won't do it.
Jim S JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 09:33 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S JR View Post
Have you contacted FR for a list of dealers closer to you?

My dealer was 2.5 hours away.

Just be sure to contact the dealer to see if they will do warranty work. It doesn't pay that much and some won't do it.
This thread has been asleep 5+ months. As for the OP, Last Activity: 10-22-2021 10:16 AM

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 07:49 AM   #11

I bought trailer from Dealer about 3 hours drive away..

for warranty work on the new trailer

I contacted Forrest river who provide a list of companies in my area

contacted first company ... who after a few calls declined to do the warranty work
because FR would not pay them enough

was thinking ... where was that list of companies when I got a voice mail from Forrest River ... saying they were monitoring my situation and noticed that company declined to do the repair

Dave at FR ...... gave me a number for a second company
Talked to them they got approval and FR sent them the parts required

Parts are due to be installed on Thursday

First company then called and said FR increased their payout and is NOW willing to do do the work .... awww so sorry but you lost the job!

My first interaction with Forrest River / warranty has been POSITIVE and I think a bit more than I expected
Aussieguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty