Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2024, 05:34 PM   #1

2022 1604 Roof Actuator

Hello, Newbie here needs help please
I recently bought a used 2022 1604 that has a failed roof actuator motor.
I've looked through the threads here and it seems I have the newest failed design

I was wandering if anyone here has a source for the motor, the motor runs fine in both directions, it's the cheesy nylon worm gear that's failed, who'd thought I see no numbers or anything on the motor

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0810.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	296839  
Ramlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 04:57 PM   #2

failed roof lift system

Hello, is this the system that is inside the camper, or outside on the exterior walls?
kpesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 05:55 PM   #3

It's outside, I did stumble across a thread this AM discussing manually operating a failed unit and was able to read the vendors website

You can order just the motor with an upgraded design (metal worm gear) for 35.00 each plus shipping, I just went ahead and ordered all 4

Thanks for the effort in helping though
http://https://smithrichards.com/product/521245/
Old 03-22-2024, 10:37 PM   #4

Roof actuators

I just got my 1240 soft side and 1 lift motor is making a funny sound. I would like to order the new style motor but don't know who makes it. Where did you get yours? And how to manually raise rhe roof if necessary. Thanks@
vicandrosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 07:01 AM   #5

roof lift motor

Hello, I bought mine directly from Palomino, but at that time they were almost gone. The label on mine says {www.smithrichards.com#881902}.
As far as operating manually, on my 2019 the two passenger side motors can be accessed by removing panels that are screwed down. I assume you have the brass tool that comes with the unit. Now the bad news! The drivers side front can be accessed by removing a panel next to the fridge, but the motor is too close to the wall to get the tool in place. The drivers side rear, you must remove the false door under the sink. it will be very difficult to reach the motor behind the plumbing. I say all this assuming you have an older model with interior lift actuators, you didn't say what year your unit is.
Old 03-23-2024, 07:11 AM   #6

roof lift motors

Hello, the thread that came to my email didn't show your original post with the year. Sorry to drag it out. That motor looks the same though, and I have read at other sites that people have bought it directly from Smithrichards.
Old 03-23-2024, 02:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicandrosi View Post
I just got my 1240 soft side and 1 lift motor is making a funny sound. I would like to order the new style motor but don't know who makes it. Where did you get yours? And how to manually raise rhe roof if necessary. Thanks@
Yes smithrichards at that link 35.00 plus shipping, they are improved with the metal worm
Old 03-25-2024, 09:02 AM   #8

New to this forum and new to slide-in camper experience(s). Just purchased 2021 palomino 1251 and learning its ins and outs. First time raising the roof had the same uneveness with the roof raising, with the front lagging behind the back. Continued with the raising until the front lifts limited out. Noticed the front canvas had remaining slack/loosness in it while the back was tight as a drum- much tighter than i think it should be. It looked to be under to much stress/tention so backed off some.

So, sharing this for everyones' information for what it may be worth to the subject's discussion.

I have learned at lot overall on the "problem" from reading everyones' input and am not at all too excited for what future roof lifting issue experiences may be realized.

Thanks to all for sharing to help fellow FR slide-in soft side campers.

Best to all--les.
LesThomas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof