Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2022, 11:11 PM   #1

Dewinterize

Hey all, I am new to owning my own camper. I need to dewinterize (is that the right term?) my Palomino SS1251. Is there a video that someone can recommend or some really good directions?

I appreciate any and all help!
MTTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:49 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Hookup to city water (with a pressure regulator) and open the faucets and shower one at a time until all the pink is gone. make sure you do the outside shower also and low point drains. One thing to check is that the antifreeze valve at your pump is closed and aligned to FW and after the pink stuff is gone UN-bypass the water heater. there are tons on videos on youtube. good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 12:13 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome aboard. Here is a link to some of the more commonly asked questions from new RV owners like yourself.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ts-157524.html
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:23 AM   #4

I found this early in our truck camper experience. I don't know who wrote it to give credit but I modified it a bit to add flushing the tank via the petcock.

1) Open low point drains (blue and red caps on bottom of camper below water heater) to drain some antifreeze. Reinstall caps.
2) Fill fresh water tank with clean water.
3) Open shower hot and cold water valves (if equipped) and sink faucet all the way open. NOTE - If faucet only has one knob for hot/cold water, ensure to cycle valve from hot to cold during flushing.
4) Turn on water pump to flush antifreeze out with clean water from the water tank. Observe exit points (shower & sink faucet) until no antifreeze is visible. NOTE - Recommend flushing for 5 minutes or so.
5) Once the lines are clean, fill tank again and locate the petcock next to your water tank and drain the tank through the petcock to clean the remaining antifreeze from the tank...repeat. Water will drain through the bottom of the camper. Its unnecessary to run all the water through the water pump to clean the tank, its only necessary to clean the water lines to the kitchen. The rest can drain through the petcock at the tank.
6) Fill fresh water tank with clean water and add bleach (1/4 cup of bleach for every 16 gallons of water in your freshwater tank).
7) With water pump on, open faucet and shower until bleach is present. Close faucet and shower valves. Let sit for 12 hours or so and then re-flush the system following steps 1 through 5.

Tags
winter, winterize