Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2021, 05:01 PM   #1

How to lift my old Alaskan top

Hey everyone, I've got a '62 Alaskan I am restoring. When I found it was a Chicken coop. It was only $100 so I bought it. Upon arriving at home the inspection was worse than I thought. I had to replace everything under the skin and rebuild all the cabinets inside. needless to say most of everything was missing, I have never rebuilt a camper before And I think I've done a great job so far. with so much gone I decided not to go back to original and customize where I could. being an 8' non-cabover I did not have a ton of room. ok I'll get to my question, The hydraulic roof jacking system is not there and I've thought of some alternative lifting ideas like a spring inside a pipe in a pipe, I thought springs and pullies maybe, but I'm not an engineer and would like any ideas on how to lift the 350+ lb. top half of my camper. No hydraulics please. I thought electric jacks but where do I find semi-affordable ones. Help!!!
dbairdrocker@yahoo.com
Bairdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 10:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bairdo View Post
Hey everyone, I've got a '62 Alaskan I am restoring. When I found it was a Chicken coop. It was only $100 so I bought it. Upon arriving at home the inspection was worse than I thought. I had to replace everything under the skin and rebuild all the cabinets inside. needless to say most of everything was missing, I have never rebuilt a camper before And I think I've done a great job so far. with so much gone I decided not to go back to original and customize where I could. being an 8' non-cabover I did not have a ton of room. ok I'll get to my question, The hydraulic roof jacking system is not there and I've thought of some alternative lifting ideas like a spring inside a pipe in a pipe, I thought springs and pullies maybe, but I'm not an engineer and would like any ideas on how to lift the 350+ lb. top half of my camper. No hydraulics please. I thought electric jacks but where do I find semi-affordable ones. Help!!!

dbairdrocker@yahoo.com
Are you talking about a truck camper?
You're going to need to provide more information since it's not a FR product and I have no idea what a '62 Alaskan is.
Also posting your personal email address is STRONGLY advised against since the Forum is constantly under attack by scammers and identity thieves.
That's why we have a Personal Message system here. So members can communicate safely with each other without posting personal information on an open forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 02:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bairdo View Post
dbairdrocker@yahoo.com
Try Facebook there are a couple of groups dedicated to the Alaskan Camper brand.

Tags
lift