Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
RV Dealer

Lightbulb Official Palomino Bronco & Maverick Truck Camper Fanatics!

Anyone have questions about Palomino Maverick or Bronco truck campers? Let's get chatting about them!
Camping Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #2

Just bought our first TC - a Maverick 2902 on a GMC 3500 CC DRW with a Duramax engine. Spent a week in it, and we love it.

Didn't get an owners manual - we rushed the dealer getting it prepped lol - but found the info online. I do have one question ( for now):

Is there a manual override to the slide? The manual mentions one, but gives no specifics. The manual is generic for all models, and the dealer is four hours away *grin*. We live in Cincinnati and drove to Toledo to buy the unit. Just walked in and said "We'll take it. Now, please". They were very accommodating.

Any help would be appreciated.
Seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
Factory Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
Just bought our first TC - a Maverick 2902 on a GMC 3500 CC DRW with a Duramax engine. Spent a week in it, and we love it.

Didn't get an owners manual - we rushed the dealer getting it prepped lol - but found the info online. I do have one question ( for now):

Is there a manual override to the slide? The manual mentions one, but gives no specifics. The manual is generic for all models, and the dealer is four hours away *grin*. We live in Cincinnati and drove to Toledo to buy the unit. Just walked in and said "We'll take it. Now, please". They were very accommodating.

Any help would be appreciated.
If you still have any questions regarding this issue, provide me with your VIN # and I can tell you the appropriate steps to take to manually override the slide out motor. Or you can call me direct at 1-800-297-5830 thanks for you time
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #4

We just bought a 2015 2902. So far we love it. I am still trying to figure out the refer. I made the mistake of putting it in auto when we were not hooked up. Killed the charge on the battery. I need to charge it up in the driveway and try it again in gas only mode to see how long it will last.

Has anyone gotten the fill in walls for the passenger side rear door? This is the one opposite the gray and black water drain door. I tried calling the factory in Colon, MI and the are out this week with the July 4th holiday. This would be a great addition. I also would like to know if anyone has put exterior doors on the slide for access to the under bench storage of the dining area. I use to have these on the dinette slideout in my Camplite pop-up. Super handy.

Hey PalominoPal, if you are interested in testing that last one as a factory add on mod, I would be willing to discuss the modification with someone.
markb45n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #5

just got my new 8801 2015; ordered for short bed,,right rear built in,very handy but small door,love the curb side awning. jack knife dinnett,table,way to close.need to modify...
jimmeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:26 AM   #6

EZ Charge ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Kyle View Post
Anyone have questions about Palomino Maverick or Bronco truck campers? Let's get chatting about them!
Ok, sorry for the ignorant question here; my EZ Charge does not seem to be connected to anything...so...how would I go about figuring this out? I put my testers on there and it shows 0 power. No directions in my package of stuff that came with the camper. It should be connected, right? From the factory? Warranty is long expired. 2016 FR Pal Backpack SS1500 truck camper.
thanks for any insight here.
2015 Circle J Horse Trailer
2 nags to dragsometimes a 4 wheeler
carriemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #7
Site Team

carriemiller, the last post in this thread was over 4 years ago.
The OP hasn't posted on the Forum since 2012.
So not sure if any of the others are still active on the Forum.
It would probably be better to send them a PM.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bronco, fan, maverick, palomino, truck camper