Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2016, 07:14 PM   #1

Palomino Bronco 1251 heater need help

I recently purchased a pristine 2012 Palomino Bronco 1251
I need help starting the furnace
Propane tank is 3/4 full and valve is open
No blown fuses
Thermostat set to 80
Connected to AC power and to truck
Camper is equipped with 12V battery
all external and internal lights work

Surely it does not matter but water tank is empty. (nighttime temperature here is in the 20s F)
beninut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 03:53 PM   #2

Have you checked to see if the stove will light? There may be air in the line.
hobiekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:47 AM   #3

Heater / furnace

We have 2016 Palomino 1252. Could not get furnace to run. Found that the thermostat contacts were not closing so circuit would not complete.
Lifted cover off thermostat and adjusted temperature setting lever slightly. Took about thirty second to complete task. Works perfectly now.

If you have trouble and need assistance, feel free to contact me.

Good luck and enjoy your new TC.

Lakeside
lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:14 PM   #4

There is a manual reset button on the furnace under the metal cover. Remove the cover and you'll see a black rocker type switch. That is the reset. If the T'stat remedy don't work, the reset button will.

Suburban furnaces will cycle and not light a couple times and then go into lockout and you have to manually reset using the button (switch) under the outer cover.

HWH has nothing to do with the furnace but I would insure you do have gas flow and no air in the lines by lighting the cooktop burners and letting them burn for a minute or so. The gas line to the furnace tees off the cooktop supply.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
There is a manual reset button on the furnace under the metal cover. Remove the cover and you'll see a black rocker type switch. That is the reset. If the T'stat remedy don't work, the reset button will.

Suburban furnaces will cycle and not light a couple times and then go into lockout and you have to manually reset using the button (switch) under the outer cover.

HWH has nothing to do with the furnace but I would insure you do have gas flow and no air in the lines by lighting the cooktop burners and letting them burn for a minute or so. The gas line to the furnace tees off the cooktop supply.
Thanks for info Sidecar. Much appreciated.

Lakeside
Old 01-04-2017, 10:20 AM   #6

No problem. Being a distinct minority on this forum, we TC'ers need to stick together.......
Old 01-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
No problem. Being a distinct minority on this forum, we TC'ers need to stick together.......
You are correct. We migrated over last spring. Several years in a class C and then onto a 5er. The RVing lifestyle was too much like being at home. We like the TCer because camping is what we enjoy.

I guess we have left the original topic. My 1252 heater seems to be working just fine now after having to adjust the contacts in the wall thermostat.

Have a nice camping season.

Lakeside
Old 01-05-2017, 10:59 PM   #8

Mine is hibernating right now inside my shop and I'm fiddling with it. Got another deep cycle Exide yesterday, gonna add a second battery under the front seat and can the battery box and build my own. Tomorrow I need to buy some welding cable, crimp lugs and make up the dual battery cables.

Added a Carefree Bag awning to the factory installed rail.

Switched all the outside filament bulbs to LED's (now everything) is LED

Installed a Furrion rear view wireless observation cam.

On the truck, I'm pulling the under bed spare tire and carrier (a PITA) and welding up and installing a front receiver hitch and building a receiver mounted spare tire carrier to carry the spare on the front of the truck. Changing out all the hoses and replacing the serpentine belt, fan clutch and tensioner.

Got plenty of time. We have 3 months of winter left here.

Tags
heater, palomino