Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2023, 03:14 PM   #1

Solar panel connector

Hi,

I'm wondering if this is a solar panel connector on top of my 2022 palomino ss550? Bought it used and they didn't tell me.

THanks,
Marc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230322_171931.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	668.0 KB
ID:	285031  
marcaw683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 03:57 PM   #2

It sure looks like a solar connector made for MC4 connectors. Test it with a multimeter to see if it is directly currently connected to the battery and a solar charge controller.
Old 03-23-2023, 06:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcaw683 View Post
Hi,

I'm wondering if this is a solar panel connector on top of my 2022 palomino ss550? Bought it used and they didn't tell me.

THanks,
Marc
Yes, I'm told it is a solar connector but it shouldn't be connected to the battery unless you have the Badlands package. Its likely ends up somewhere near your battery under the step to get into the bed with the water tank. I bought 2 solar panels and controller for our 1604 but am waiting for warmer weather to figure out how to hook them up to it.
Old 03-25-2023, 11:02 AM   #4

Ran a meter on it and no reading. I enclosed a pic of the wires. Looks like the orange and white wire leads up to the connector on the roof. Wondering how to connect this? AC Nelson camper world takes forever to get a response from.

Thanks,
Marc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230322_172301.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	285107  
marcaw683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 11:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcaw683 View Post
Ran a meter on it and no reading. I enclosed a pic of the wires. Looks like the orange and white wire leads up to the connector on the roof. Wondering how to connect this? AC Nelson camper world takes forever to get a response from.

Thanks,
Marc
I would repost this in the 'Tech Talk' section under the 'Electrical, charging systems and solar' section and you will like get a quick response. Barring that the 'Palomino Truck Camper Group' Facebook Page would also get you the answers you need.
Old 03-25-2023, 01:56 PM   #6

Does the orange wire tie to the green wire with fuse holder and then on to the positive battery post? Does the other wire tie to the negative battery post? If so, you should have ~12V at the roof connections. Is there a fuse in the holder?

If these are the wires to the roof, you need to disconnect them from the battery and tie them to a solar charge converter and then on to the battery.

Tags
panel, solar, solar panel