Have been monitoring this site since before purchasing the SS1500 as I researched same. Bought it new in '14 after seeing several questionable negative comments that frankly didn't make sense to me . Once I saw one I knew that I'd probably be happy with it-and I am!
But I'd like to point out some flaws and 'shortfalls' in the unit.
1) not enough ext. storage space.
Installed 4" pvc pipe under the rear overhang for storage of the black water drain hose. Freed up drivers side rear storage.
2) various means of attachment at pop up fabric inside corners to underside of roof.
Installed correct hardware provided by folks at Colon.
3) wet bath floor unsupported.
A big guy like me will stress this area. I installed two 2x8's cut to fit as floor joists then filled space solidly with spray foam. This after finding factory leak at shower drain plumbing.
4) 751 key blank locks at storage compartments.
Changed all storage locks to barrel type keyed alike.
5) cheap grade window screen allows no-see-um bugs and mosquitoes.
Re screened with solar screen that has smaller openings.
6) I've discovered condensation within the area under mattress but in only one of the aluminum framed areas.
Evidently caused by storing the dinette table top as suggested by owners manual. I no longer store solid items in the under bed area. No more condensation.
This unit is evidently much better than previous years but quality is not where it should be. Hopefully the newer units have continued to improve.But overall I believe this unit to be a decent value for the money.