Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #1

08 Salem Edge rims and tires

Hi everyone,
We have an 08 Salem Edge with the WestCoast Package and want to know if anyone else out there that has the same style could check your rim size for us. The trailer has 14 inch rims on all four tires but the spare tire and the specs for the trailer including manual all say it should be 15 inch. The dealer hasnt been any help so we just thought we would check with other people who have the same trailer.
Thanks
vancor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancor View Post
Hi everyone,
We have an 08 Salem Edge with the WestCoast Package and want to know if anyone else out there that has the same style could check your rim size for us. The trailer has 14 inch rims on all four tires but the spare tire and the specs for the trailer including manual all say it should be 15 inch. The dealer hasnt been any help so we just thought we would check with other people who have the same trailer.
Thanks
I don't have the same rig you have, but in my mined If the specs call for 15" rims then that is what should be on the camper. This is telling me that there should be bigger tires on the camper and bigger tires means a higher load rating because of the weight of the camper and full load capacity of the camper.....What size tires are on it now with the 14" rims? and what size tires does it call for with the 15" rims? This info should be on a white sticker on the curb side of your camper on the front.....By the way to FRF.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #3

The label on the outside of the trailer states 205/75/15. That is what the spare tire is and the tires that are currently on the trailer are 205/75/14. I just know I am going to have one hell of a headache after dealing with the dealer on this one.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #4

Did you buy this new from a dealer? If so they should make it right as they are the one who probably switched them out. Someone may have wanted bigger tires on a rig and they swapped them out i bet
Old 08-23-2009, 09:46 AM   #5

What is the size and weight of your rig? I have the 205 75 14's on my Flagstaff V lite, and it does fine. 7575 lbs. DRY, and 33 feet to truck ball. I have a friend with a 2008 salem, 27 footer, and his unit sits really high up, in my opinion. It looks like a four wheel drive, to me! I would look at some others the same as yours, and see what they have on them. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #6

Hi again bringing this post back to the top to see if anyone out there has the Salem Edge T23bh and could verify the tire size for me. Still haven't gotten anywhere with this and not giving up.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #7

You still haven't gotten the correct info.

Have you tried calling Forest River?
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #8

My wife called them and got nowhere with them. So now I am going to make the call.