Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2016, 05:11 PM   #1

16 31kqbts slide leaking

Hi and thankyou for letting me join! I recently purchased a new 2016 wildwood 31 Kqbts. Two weeks ago to be exact. The weekend past we had some heavy rain and i noticed a leak in the rear bunkhouse slide with the couch. The molding was fairly swollen and the carpets in front of and under the couch were soaked. It is now back at the dealer but i was wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of the same problem. I checked the seals around but nothing stands out. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Jdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #2

Was the leak there when the slide was out or did it leak when it was in? There are many posts about slides leaking just do a search. Myself I'm going to put toppers on my slides so that I don't pull water in when closing the slides. Good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:51 PM   #3

Slide was out, it is my first TT with a slide, and it was our first night in the trailer, very disappointing but I just hope they(dealer)can get it fixed right.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:39 PM   #4

from your destruction it sounds like the inner seal not touch like it should and allowing water in. If you don't have slide toppers its a good idea to tilt your rig a little and let the water run off before moving the slide in. I hope they get it fixed for you
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:32 PM   #5

Look at the side/bottom of the slide on the outside, there is a strip that runs along the bottom and is known for not being caulked well.
jthudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:34 PM   #6

check post 4 http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ow-102361.html
jthudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:34 PM   #7

are you sure you had the slide out all the way? If you don't have it out tight then the seals will not seal.

Always run it (in or out) until it stops on its own. Some of the time I hear the clutch engage (a click-click noise) and other times the motor just stops.

Sorry about the leak. Hopefully they repair it right under warranty. Keep a close eye on it and make sure everything is back to "new" before you sign the paperwork.
mkosu04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:01 PM   #8

They seem to have found it!! looks to be a bad caulking job they caulked the slide and I have since had it out in heavy rain with no leaks detected. But I did notice the same bad caulking in the other slides so I caulked those myself but keeping a close eye to them. Thanks for all the advice, very much appreciated!!

Tags
leak, slide