Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2022, 06:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
It affects the type of hardwired switch that is used. It is not a dpdt reversing switch the has the motor power running through it. Ours is a spst momentary contact switch. It simply sends a control signal to the remote receiver controller. The remote does the same via a radio signal. The actual control of power to the awning motor is sent from the relay on the remote control board.
Hope the OP is getting somewhere with your input. Just one thing though; the Op's panel has IN at the top of the switch and OUT at the bottom of the switch and he says 3 wires.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 07:28 PM   #22

same as ours.

if you track the wires the center one (the one that is switched) is actually a ground. the top is in (same as the slides) and the bottom is out (same as the slides). it think all it does is to present a signal to the remote control board. the remote receiver presents the same signal to the control board. the other switches that operate this way on our unit are the slide outs and the outside lights above and below the doors. (we have 2 doors). all of these devices can also be controlled by the remote transmitter. also, all the fuses for these circuits are not in the fuse panel but they are located on the remote control board. we blew a fuse for the lights and it took me the longest time to figure things out. and to be honest, it wasn't until somebody on this forum responded with a hint that it all made sense. found the fuse, replaced it, and things worked again!
Old 09-13-2022, 07:32 PM   #23

as i think about it why not refer to the manual for the remote control board. i don't have a make / model number but i know ours is made by lippert. i'm sure it you take a look at it you can get the info off it and probably get the manual. the manual would show how the switches are wired.

Tags
awning, switch