Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2018, 11:08 PM   #1

2014 sabre 36 qbok walls and floors separating

I have got a 2014 sabre 36 qbok there was a piece of black plastic trim that got caught in between the slide and the wall and broke when I took it to the shop they discovered that the floors and the walls in the living room slide are separating. I have had issues from day one that I have bought this camper and they have all been taken back to the shop and have been repaired and documented. Right after it was bought there was holes in the floor and rub marks in the walls from the slide moving the shop made adjust,nets and fix the walls per Forest river also all of the cabinets were out of line. Now since the plastic has broken we have found a serious issue of where the screws have pulled out and the floor has dropped out of the slide. we were unable to see the seriousness of the issue until this happened. Myself and the local shop have contacted forest river and they pretty much tell us that it ain't there problem since it is out of the one year warranty even though we have thirty to forty issues documented showing signs of this issue happening. Now I am going have to spend several thousand dollars to have the shop fix it so I can use my camper . It makes me mad that a company will not stand behind there product and help someone out when it is an issue that has always been there. If anybody has any ideas or knows anybody with the company, any help in this issue will be greatly appreciated thanks .
spd633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:08 AM   #2

If you and the repair shop feel you have a solid case take them to court. there's a reason Mfgs (doesn't matter who) only put a one year warranty on these rigs.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:38 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Our members are great at helping each other out with a large variety of topics, but we do need to keep the discussions at hand within the forum rules, one of which is:

Quote:
Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community.
We want make sure threads stay open for discussion, when threads start to wander the rules though, they're at risk of being shut down. Here's a good explanation from the site team about what kinds of topics results in threads getting closed:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post665355

Please let's try to keep this discussion focused on ways to help the OP without wandering into dangerous territory.

The Site Team.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #4

Holly Molly if it wasn't for screwing up I probably wouldn't get anything done thanks
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:15 AM   #5

Seeing you are a rather new member please wait and give someone a chance to see and maybe reply to your post. Hopefully FROG Bob will see this and step in with some guidance in this matter.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:34 PM   #6
Site Team

OP is only "new" via post count. Join date is 2014.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
OP is only "new" via post count. Join date is 2014.
So they have been mia, probably does not know the power of FROG Bob
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:12 AM   #8

2014 sabre 36 qbok walls and floors separating

Guys and gals i joined this group right after i bought my camper. I love my camper and hae really enjoyed it. I was just hoping to find some help from somebody on here for somebody to contact that might would help me on the issues i have with my camper. The repair shop is making me a file of the issues and pictures as they are still working on my unit. As of the last time i spoke to them they still did not have any idea what caused the whole floor to come loose and pretty much fall out. Right after i bought the camper they adjusted the same slide and have replaced the seals on it twice because of them being cut. We were unable to see the big issue due to the area being covered by a piece of black plastic that finally fell out and got broke. I am not on here trying to bash the company by any means. Like i said i love the camper i just wished they had a longer warranty on the structure of the camper or if you had problems they would help with the repair cost. Again thanks for any help that can be given.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:18 AM   #9

I have got a 2014 sabre 36 qbok there was a piece of black plastic trim that got caught in between the slide and the wall and broke when I took it to the shop they discovered that the floors and the walls in the living room slide are separating. I have had issues from day one that I have bought this camper and they have all been taken back to the shop and have been repaired and documented. Right after it was bought there was holes in the floor and rub marks in the walls from the slide moving the shop made adjust,nets and fix the walls per Forest river also all of the cabinets were out of line. Now since the plastic has broken we have found a serious issue of where the screws have pulled out and the floor has dropped out of the slide. we were unable to see the seriousness of the issue until this happened. Myself and the local shop have contacted forest river and they pretty much tell us that it ain't there problem since it is out of the one year warranty even though we have thirty to forty issues documented showing signs of this issue happening. Now I am going have to spend several thousand dollars to have the shop fix it so I can use my camper . It makes me mad that a company will not stand behind there product and help someone out when it is an issue that has always been there. If anybody has any ideas or knows anybody with the company, any help in this issue will be greatly appreciated thanks .
Old 03-01-2018, 05:33 AM   #10

This kind of thing is happening all too often and across all brands of manufacturers. Profit trumps over QC. Until people stop buying RV's on a whim without much research it's not gonna change. Facebook is a powerful tool. I wish there was a JD Power or Consumers Report for the RV World.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
This kind of thing is happening all too often and across all brands of manufacturers. Profit trumps over QC. Until people stop buying RV's on a whim without much research it's not gonna change. Facebook is a powerful tool. I wish there was a JD Power or Consumers Report for the RV World.

Send a email or letter to action line at trailer life
dgsearcy55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, floor, sabre