Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #1

2016 Crusader 28 RL Soft Floor

I purchased a 2016 Crusader 28*RL in 2015,,,unit is out of warranty...after 2 trips . I am noticing that the floor deflects when walking at the front of the Island and at the door entrance...I get deflection of anywhere from 3/4 to 1 inch movement...I have read a few threads about the construction of the floor with sandwich type construction and styrofoam between 2 sheets of luan?,,,,but after 1 1/2 years usage , I get this...no moisture, and deflectes between support beams,,,this may be where the holding tank is...not sure...any thought or ideas...I sent an email to Forest River and waiting for response
Tula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:09 PM   #2

I have a 2016 Crusader 295RST with the same problem. We have an island in the kitchen area and I think the fresh water tank is there. We had a lot flexing near a heat vent. I reported it to our dealer and the contacted FR to see how the should out the soft floor. They got permission to go from underneath. When the opened it up there was no support in that area and the heat vent was being held up by a strap. They put in a piece 3/4 inch plywood to support the area and fasten the heat vent to it.

Short time later we noticed the problem moved to the left of the repair. The could only get the plywood so far and had to put it under the styrofoam. I think it is something we have to live with until we decide to get another camper.

Overall I think it is a good camper. Prime Time is supposedly above average manufacturer.
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #3

Was your Crusader still under warranty....
Old 02-14-2017, 08:59 PM   #4

When they repaired, I guess they removed the complete under cover , dropped the tank and then added Plywood....if mine is not under warranty, I may ave to tackle this myself although this should not have happened
Old 02-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #5

There was no tank where they did the repair. Yes it was under warranty at the time. I'm noticing the floor feels soft in different areas. I don't know if it is worth the effort to try and fix unless it is really bad. I would check with your dealer about repairing the floor.
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crusader