RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2019, 03:32 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABob View Post
By now you probably already started the repairs and settlement. As with a vehicle you need to ask for loss of value. The resale cost goes down after an accident and the loss of value (resale value) should be sought in any settlement.
X2
That damage is more than skin deep. Those recommending local repair etc etc. It's his trailer, he's a proud owner and deserves the best repair possible. If that means taking it Indiana so be it. Chances are it will be taken care of correctly. Much better than a 2nd rate patch job. The trailer was perfect when it was hit.........the owner has the right to have it made perfect again.
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:42 AM   #42
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangrega33 View Post
Sorry to hear about your camper! Wherever you take it, make sure they get it done fast because that is a whole season down the drain if you cant get it back soon! Manufacturer will probably fix it the best, but will take forever. Take it to a certified RV repair shop and they should fix it quick!

Quick question, what is that plastic tire cover? Where did you get it and how much?
Tire cover came with the trailer. Standard equipment for the Rockwood Ultra-lights
nrimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:53 AM   #43
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 34
Update: Meeting with the Trucking company Insurance adjuster this week (Progressive). I found a repair shop in Sacramento CA that specializes in trailer and coach body and repair. Since fridge is on that same back wall, he is recommending replacing fridge also. He does work on very expensive coaches, interior and exterior, so he may be a good choice for me. He is recommending replacing back wall and doing fiberglass repair on side wall, stripping off all decals, blending the repair and clear coating the whole left side, replacing decals over clear. Estimating 3 weeks, most of that time is waiting on decals from FR.
nrimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:53 AM   #44
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 12,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrimshaw View Post
Update: Meeting with the Trucking company Insurance adjuster this week (Progressive). I found a repair shop in Sacramento CA that specializes in trailer and coach body and repair. Since fridge is on that same back wall, he is recommending replacing fridge also. He does work on very expensive coaches, interior and exterior, so he may be a good choice for me. He is recommending replacing back wall and doing fiberglass repair on side wall, stripping off all decals, blending the repair and clear coating the whole left side, replacing decals over clear. Estimating 3 weeks, most of that time is waiting on decals from FR.
Sounds like a plan.
Keep us posted.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #45
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 34
Update: Dropped off the trailer yesterday afternoon for repair and met with trucking company's insurance adjuster. Mike at NorCal RV Body in Sacramento, CA seems to really know his stuff. He happily gave us a tour of his facility and whats being worked on there. Several Diesel pushers and a few trailers getting some major reconstruction work done there. We learned a lot in the hour we spent with him on how to keep up with maintenance on these trailers(common point of failure, etc), Looking forward to updates and seeing the end result.
nrimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:24 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 6,411
Sounds like you found a great repair facility that you are comfortable with! Congrats and best wishes. Keep us updated on progress. Thanks!
__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #47
Head Rambler
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southwest Alabama
Posts: 8,505
This turned out much better than it could have. It's great that there's a place available to you.
__________________
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a GMC Sierra 2500HD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:24 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Indy500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrimshaw View Post
Update: Dropped off the trailer yesterday afternoon for repair and met with trucking company's insurance adjuster. Mike at NorCal RV Body in Sacramento, CA seems to really know his stuff. He happily gave us a tour of his facility and whats being worked on there. Several Diesel pushers and a few trailers getting some major reconstruction work done there. We learned a lot in the hour we spent with him on how to keep up with maintenance on these trailers(common point of failure, etc), Looking forward to updates and seeing the end result.
I would love to know ( the common points of failure) that you found. Just in case I have forgotten something that's important.
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #49
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy500 View Post
I would love to know ( the common points of failure) that you found. Just in case I have forgotten something that's important.
A couple items,

Inspect and re-silicone all edges every year, The snap in covers on all the edge trim is cheap and cracks easily letting water in. He recomended pulling all of it, hitting each screw head with silicone and then replacing with heavy duty trim like this:

https://www.amazon.com/RV-Designer-E...s%2C301&sr=8-2

Also said the roofs are super cheap and will only last a few years, Inspect and re-seal regularly.

Last one was AC, there are 4 nuts holding it on, snug them up every year to prevent leaking around the AC,s as the foam compresses.
nrimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:03 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Indy500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrimshaw View Post
A couple items,

Inspect and re-silicone all edges every year, The snap in covers on all the edge trim is cheap and cracks easily letting water in. He recomended pulling all of it, hitting each screw head with silicone and then replacing with heavy duty trim like this:

https://www.amazon.com/RV-Designer-E...s%2C301&sr=8-2

Also said the roofs are super cheap and will only last a few years, Inspect and re-seal regularly.

Last one was AC, there are 4 nuts holding it on, snug them up every year to prevent leaking around the AC,s as the foam compresses.
Thank you , yes that trim is there to hide the screws , but it also hides where water can get in ,and I didn't know about the the AC unit getting loose.
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #51
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 34
Update: Repair will be delayed. Original plan was to replace rear skin, further investigation has determined that full wall(inner and outer were compromised) 6 week delay on getting the rear wall shipped to CA. Ill pick up the trailer this week and start my trips with it as it until all the parts are received.
nrimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:57 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 170
I'm afraid you are in the infamous "delay mode" I hope this isn't just the start to it. I would of held out for it to be returned to Indiana. I would worry about the parts and panels being shipped across Country. There will be without a doubt some large pieces. Trucking companies aren't always the most careful with awkward and over sized freight.
I wish you luck and keep us informed.
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:57 PM   #53
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 34
Its been four months since my last update and I am happy to say, It is done and I have my trailer back! Great job by Mike at NorCal RV Body in West Sacramento. I realized real quick that living on the west coast is not best for timely repairs as every order takes weeks to receive and the process takes some time as more discoveries were made as the work was being done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0362.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	213562  
__________________
Nate
2018 Rockwood 2902WS Ultra Light
2018 Ford F-250 CCSB 6.7 PSD
Leer 100XQ truck cap
nrimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Chief T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrimshaw View Post
Its been four months since my last update and I am happy to say, It is done and I have my trailer back! Great job by Mike at NorCal RV Body in West Sacramento. I realized real quick that living on the west coast is not best for timely repairs as every order takes weeks to receive and the process takes some time as more discoveries were made as the work was being done.
Five months... not bad. That's how long it took for mine, but then they had it over the winter season.

Safe and happy travels.
__________________
2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"
Past: 2017 Prime Time Tracer Air 206
Days camped 2017: 7
Days camped 2018: 15
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:07 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: payson, az
Posts: 2,854
so how do you feel about the repairs? do you think they will be 'like new'? it looks good in the picture. i had some body damage repaired by a reputable rv body shop and i have absolute faith in their repairs.
__________________
2015 cardinal model 3825fl
2015 dodge ram 3500 dually
CHICKDOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:26 PM   #56
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Oakley, CA
Posts: 34
Very high quality work. He even beefed up the studs behind the ladder and it has zero flex against the body when I climb up. Much better than stock
__________________
Nate
2018 Rockwood 2902WS Ultra Light
2018 Ford F-250 CCSB 6.7 PSD
Leer 100XQ truck cap
nrimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
storage

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.