Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2018, 08:06 AM   #1

2018 Rockwood 3029W

We bought a brand new 2018 Rockwood 3029W V-nose bumper pull. I have a few issues I would like feedback on. 1. Our G2+ sat wont locate from outlet on side of camper. Will work if we bring the cable thru the door, let it locate sat then hook it back to the outside sat conn? 2 our frig isn’t cold enough, We placed a box fan at the vent outside as a test and it worked. I hear the factory fan running. Add fans? 3 on our 2604 you could really hear our black water wash doing it’s job but on our no 3029W not much noise. Is this normal? Thanks Gary
Groberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:22 AM   #2
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

I can't speak to the sat not working properly, sorry, and my fridge works great, but I also wondered about that tank flusher being so quiet. I am used to hearing the grind and buzzing. The first time I used it, it was so quiet I felt the hose to make sure water was running through it. But I also use a clear elbow at the tank connection, so I know now that I can tell that the tank flusher is running and working by the rhythmic flow of the water coming from the tank and when it's clear water, tank is empty and clean, you can really see the cyclonic action of the water coming out as a result of the tank rinser running. But as far as sound...it is totally quiet so I assume it's normal; I just observed and figured it out, lol.
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #3

I have a 2016 3029W and have no problems with the satellite hookup outside. In fact, I have had no problems with my Windjammer, whatsoever. Maybe yours are labeled incorrectly. Not that this pertains to your questions, but does the 2018 model come with the satellite cable connection from the entertainment area to the bedroom like mine did? I thought this was great forethought on Windjammer’s behalf and it worked great for my application with DirecTv to connect my DVR receiver at my entertainment area to the bedroom receiver. I then put a splitter in the dead space of the bedroom dresser and ran a cable to the front right storage compartment where I put another receiver for my outdoor TV. That one cable run by Windjammer enables me to have three TVs watching three different channels all at the same time. Not that I do, but it sure is convenient.

My refrigerator works great. At first, I thought it wasn’t cold enough, then I realized there is an electronic adjustment on the front between the refrigerator and freezer doors. Have you adjusted this to be colder?

Bruce
Old 08-03-2018, 11:41 AM   #4

Need a straight connection to the sat, no factory splitters. Check the thermistor in the fridge. Wash noise is dependent on pressure on mine.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #5
Canadian Member

Your portable dish should locate and lock onto the satellites outside. When you do it inside are you connecting directly to the back of the sat receiver? If so, you'll need to confirm that the RG6 cable is connected from the port on the outside to the plate behind the tv. Also make sure the over-the-air antenna booster isn't turned on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	182180

Your refrigerator is in the slideout. Floorplans with the vent in the roof flow air better over the back of the fridge than when the fridge is in the slideout. So, if the thermistor adjustment doesn't get it cold enough, you can add a couple computer fans in the space behind the refrigerator to move more air. You'll see lots of examples if you do a search here. Some people have decided to replace the factory fan(s) just because they tend to be loud.

Have you confirmed that the flush nozzle is spraying in the tank by opening the toilet dump valve? Mine is quiet but I can hear it spraying when I'm at the outside dump valve.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood