Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2021, 11:27 AM   #1

2021 Mini Lite 2509s Murphy Bed

Took my new 2509s out for its maiden trip this past weekend. So far I'm pleased, with no real major complaints. Upgraded from a 2015 Roo with 3 popouts. The 2509s hits on exactly what I was looking to upgrade....more interior room with the murphy bed and slide out dinette, no more hot camper when camping in direct sunlight, and still room to sleep 6 "comfortably".

My one issue so far is the SQUEAKY murphy bed. I cannot make the smallest move while sleeping without a loud squeak. I haven't had time yet to investigate where exactly or what is producing the squeaking sound. Anyone else with this model or similar have the same issue?
Jrob21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:40 AM   #2

My 2104s Murphy bed also squeaked. I'm our case, it was a piece of trim on the board where the hinge is. This board wiggles a little bit when moving around on the bed, and the trim piece on the top would rub on the side closet. I fixed it with a screw at the end of the trim piece.

IIRC, you can get to it roughly a foot from the head of the bed (bed down), on the sides, next to the closets. I found it by pushing on that piece while wriggling around, and that's why I added a screw.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:56 AM   #3

Might be out of square . Crooked hinges ?
Ken-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:08 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions. I did look under the mattress. No hinges under there in the 2509s, and it's definitely coming from under the mattress. Just a piece of Luan under there. I'm assuming I'm going to have locate exactly where the squeak is and see if I can get a screw in it.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:21 PM   #5

Figured it out. The luan under the mattress is in two pieces so there is a seam between them. They were rubbing together and creating the squeak.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:57 PM   #6

Sweet! Thanks for the follow up. Too often we never get the end of the story.

Fixing the squeak in our bed was the most gratifying mod or repair I've ever done!
Old 04-15-2021, 08:57 AM   #7
Newbie Level 2

Squeak Repair ??

I have that issue and would like to know how you fixed yours?
I was thinking of cutting the gap wider so they can't rub?
KeepTravelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:23 AM   #8

2021 Mini Lite 2509s Murphy Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob21 View Post
Figured it out. The luan under the mattress is in two pieces so there is a seam between them. They were rubbing together and creating the squeak.
Jrob21, what did you do to eliminate the squeak???
We have the same camper and squeak too!!!
2021 Rockwood, 2509s, pulled by a 2020 Ford F150 XLT, Super Cab, 3.5L Eco Boost, with 3.55 axle. Electric 10-speed auto trans w/tow mod. Heavy Duty Tow package & integrated trailer brake, 11,700 lb. tow capacity, payload is 1916 lbs. and 145” wheel base. Equalizer 4 point W/D hitch.
djemgoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:31 AM   #9

Ours squeaks too, but it's not at the seam. I have tried and tried to find the source and we finally gave up and just live with it.

And mine has been fully reinforced since the aluminum framing bent, cracked and broke. I fixed it myself. Here's a picture of the curb side of the bed with my steel reinforcement. This side the aluminum tubing had completely broken through. I also fixed the street side, but I won't bog you down with too many pictures.

If you wonder how this fits in with the squeaks, my point is you can see how far I've gone in taking the bed frame apart and looking for issues. My next step is to take it back down to this point again (it's easy) and use Lexol everywhere there are two different surfaces coming together, such as the pressed board and the aluminum (or in my case steel) and such. Hopefully I can pin this down. Right now I'm busy with some other maintenance, so the bed is lower on the list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MB4.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	261573  
Old 08-24-2021, 05:44 PM   #10
Newbie Level 2

Other things to look at

Those aluminum bars look like the ones my dinette seats and area use. A few broke at the weld points. I got about 20 small L brkts with holes on each leg and put one on each broken weld and non-broken weld areas. Very sturdy now and feels like you could put 500 lbs on it now.
Hope this idea helps someone with a similar issue.
KeepTravelin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2509s, bed, lite, mini lite