Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2021, 05:47 PM   #1

2021 vengeance rogue 4007vg2

We brought home our new trailer it has the backup camera. I have been able to use the app to connect to the camper, but am unable to connect to the backup camera, I have tried many things, including my husbands fit about technology. Our nearest dealer is 3 hours away. I’m at my wits end can anybody tell me what I’m doing wrong. If he has to drive this back to the dealer for that, I don’t want to be around. I regret not making them help with all this when we picked it up. Someone help please!
ShirleyRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:15 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyRL View Post
We brought home our new trailer it has the backup camera. I have been able to use the app to connect to the camper, but am unable to connect to the backup camera, I have tried many things, including my husbands fit about technology. Our nearest dealer is 3 hours away. I’m at my wits end can anybody tell me what I’m doing wrong. If he has to drive this back to the dealer for that, I don’t want to be around. I regret not making them help with all this when we picked it up. Someone help please!
You need to post make and model of camera system since different FR divisions use different makes and model numbers of camera systems.
The most common one is from Furrion.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyRL View Post
Make and model is needed but I can tell you some of the issues we had. They did not go over the camera at the so called walk-through (one of many oversights). The camera is usually wired to the running lights which means you not only need to be connected to the tow vehicle, you also have to have the tv lights turned on. I keep forgetting that last one. Then you need to connect to the camera. The initial connection usually requires internet access for some reason. We had to use a cell phone to create a wife hotspot so our tablet could go "online" and connect. Since that first set up, the camera appears to connect when we are hooked up and have those darn running lights on. FR seems to have cut ties with Furrion so we had a no name knock off on our 2021. Each camera may be different.
Andersen WD Hitch
catvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:13 PM   #4

Kind of fixed

It had instructions that was attached and hanging from the microwave. Hubby had pulled them off before I could see them. I got it to work on an iPad and a Samsung S9, however his Motorola g7plus wouldn’t do the camera. Will try his again after I run away from home. He is not into anything with technology and this camper has put me over the edge. So I’m going to take care of other issues for a week, maybe the neighbor can help him with his phone as I was told I don’t know what I’m doing. It’s time for a break.

Look for those stuck on hang tags that some think are junk, they aren’t!
ShirleyRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:10 PM   #5
Site Team

Can't you contact your selling dealer?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags