Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2015, 01:49 PM   #1
Knothead

2703WS differences between 2015 and 2016 Models?

I just purchased a 2016 2703WS (still at dealer for add ons). I've been researching the 2607 for a while and then decided on the 2703.
Unfortunately, it appears that mine may be a 2015 with a 2016 nose on it! It does not have the 15" tires that it is supposed to come standard with and now I find that it is not wired for the Furrion Camera System like it is supposed to be. I don't know yet what else it is supposed to have that it doesn't! It does not have the GVWR that the 2016 is supposed to have (7700# as opposed to 8139#). I don't know if they changed the axles and brakes on the 2016 or what other changes would have allowed for a heavier GVWR?
Someone is sure to know what changes were made between years. Thanks in advance!
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:06 PM   #2

Forest River and others phase in improvements through the year. Officially, new models usually come out in late Nov, early Dec, but some of the changes may have been introduced months earlier. For example, I bought a new 2015 in April 2014. But many small changes weren't made until later in the year, such as color schemes, black tank flush, smaller island, etc. It seems they buy x amount of an item for a model year and when they run out, they change over that item. You just have to check the trailer very closely to ensure it has the features you want.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
Knothead

Thanks for the reply! This is all very confusing and somewhat misleading!
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #4

I know. It's not like the auto industry where there is a distinct cut off from one model year to the next. Just check the brochures and website....they have the disclaimer that they reserve the right to make changes without notice.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications