Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2019, 06:09 PM   #1

279 rlds wall replacement

I purchased a 2018 279rlds in June. Was great. In Feb I noticed the rear outside wall popped loose from the bottom edge molding. Took 3 hrs back to dealer for warranty repair on 2/19. Now they are saying that FR is telling them to replace the whole back wall? I thought it could be fixed with a wider strip on the bottom to hold panel in. Dealer said no where to anchor into. I purchased new camper for no problems. Not a happy camper at the moment. I have a few calls into Coachmen. Hope to hear from them Monday or will be calling them non stop. What would you do
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190206_160608.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	444.7 KB
ID:	198936  
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I purchased a 2018 279rlds in June. Was great. In Feb I noticed the rear outside wall popped loose from the bottom edge molding. Took 3 hrs back to dealer for warranty repair on 2/19. Now they are saying that FR is telling them to replace the whole back wall? I thought it could be fixed with a wider strip on the bottom to hold panel in. Dealer said no where to anchor into. I purchased new camper for no problems. Not a happy camper at the moment. I have a few calls into Coachmen. Hope to hear from them Monday or will be calling them non stop. What would you do
It's under warranty. let the dealer fix it and show you way it came loose.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #3

I would let them fix it and see what you have then. If your not happy then, worry about it then. I've had two brand new campers. Parents have had a brand new camper and brand new motor home. All of them started off with problems. Some big and some small. All four have been wonderful once the bugs were fixed under warranty and gave us many great memories. Try not to get too upset or sick feeling until you see how they will take care of it and what it is like when they are done.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement