Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #1

Unhappy 5th wheel wiring diagrams

I have a 2009 Sandpiper 5th wheel which has had some issues with the cable tv and audio cable wiring ( no signal ) The unit is under warranty and the dealer has been trying to get a wiring diagram from the manufacturer...for the last 2 weeks with no response. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
saubolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #2

Not aware that there is such a thing. It would be like asking your electrician for a wiring diagram of your house, just doesn't exist. I think your dealer is stalling because they don't know how to troubleshoot the problem. Personally I despise dealer service departments. Ya want something done right you got to do it yourself.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #3

We are trying to figure out the mess of hook ups behind the flat screen in our 08 Cardinal 5th wheel. It is such a mess and the Olevia tv takes someone more savvy than we are to figure this out. If you have any idea what all these ports are behind the tv please let me know...and knowing how to run the concertone as well would help. Why is there not a good manual with the rig? This is ridiculous. We have had it to 3 dealers and none of them have been able to fix the mess. HELP!!!
Patcarol62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #4

Yep....I've talked with the reps at Forest River. There is no such thing as a wiring diagram (or any other diagram for that matter) on these things. Every unit is made differently, even units built right beside each other from what I was told. It is very frustrating as you have to create your own diagrams (wiring, plumbing, etc) from what you see on your rig. Not always the easiest thing to do.

On a related not, I agree completely with NWJeeper about doing things yourself. Practically everything I've had done at the dealer I've had to go back later and do again. I've quit taking anything to them. I'd just as soon do it myself so I know it's right.

If you're new to RVing, I've found the RV Repair & Maintenence Manual by Ron Livingston to be very helpful on all the RV systems, though it might not be helpful for your wiring mess.

2008 Ram MegaCab Hemi
Reese Dual-Cam WD Hitch
2009 Surveyor 304
flyingaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #5

Saubolle, if it is with just the cable hook up, that should be no problem. The cable wire will go from out side you unit to the back of the plate you attach the tv's cable to. Two things I have found one make sure your attenna boost is off and two take the plate off and make sure the connections are more than finger tight.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
Grape Escape

First make sure power booster is on. You should have manual that came with Wingard power booster and signal splitter which shows outputs. Mine were connected wrong. Easy to reconnect cable leads if incorrect. Cable starts at antenna to Wingard distribution box then to either bedroom tv or livingroom tv. Make sure correct output buton is depressed as well.
We use Olevia tuner and run channel search everytime we move to new site. Should be able to pick up HD and digital channels.
No worse than hooking up any home system which may be impossible for non mechanically inclined.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:39 AM   #7

Make sure the connection is from the Cable TV/Antenna and NOT the Satellite. Ours came with the connection in the bedroom reversed.....had to take off the plate and switch them out. Remember...the dealers fix mechanical and trim stuff.....electronics are different from springs and roof vents. Of you find the Olevia daunting....get a teenager to help! Seriously. Grand kids can be helpful. My 7 year old connects he Wii wherever he goes.....now I'm a technical guy...but Im lousy at help desk work......so ask your neighborhood electronics dealer....
thetourmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel