Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #1

A second life for my Minilite

Just received my Minilite 1809s from the factory after the second major repair replacing the whole floor with a new one. The 2011 model that I bought in september 2010 had a big problem with water entering inside the darco membrane and necessited a complete replacement of the rear wall and floor almost right away after I bought it. The trailer was shipped to the factory at Millsburg for this big repair. Over a year after this repair the same problem happened again and for a second time it was shipped for the second floor replacement. Now with some modifications done to my floor I think that my problem will be resolved. The back of the trailer membrane which previously was installed with a almost one half inch vertically at the rear moulding has been reinstalled with an L shape moulding preventing the rain water to go inside the darco membrane and ruin the luan wood. Also a special plastic clear sealant was installed all around the perimeter to cover all the bolts etc. I give a 10 on 10 for the support of my dealer in this matter and also Forest River that really worked very hard to solve my issues even if my warranty was over. Including a few pictures of the change in desing. The picture on the back of the trailer shows that you dont see anymore portion of the membrane going vertically.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07247.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	15642   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07251.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	15643  
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote