Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #1

Accident Damage

On my camping trip last week in my 2011 Roo 233s I was side swaped by a passing car mirror. The car was cutoff by another car that kept on going but the driver that hit me stopped. I am waiting on the insurance adjuster to come and take a look. The mirror of the car left a black mark down the side of my camper until it hit the power awning post which it pulled out of the camper and left a 6 inch long 1/2 in deep gouge in the side.

I have called my RV dealer and they said they may have to replace the entire side of the camper along with the awning. Can't they just repair the gouge and then replace the awning or do they really have to replace the entire side?
mdamico47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
Villa Estate 392FLFB

depends on your siding and if it really only did damage to that panel. ripping the power awning off could have caused damage up top and to the other end of the awning. only way to really tell is for it to be visually inspected and checked.

Also make sure it didnt dislodge anything at the top that could cause leaks!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #3

Wouldn't you prefer that they fixed it the proper way instead of putting a band-aid on it? The side of our camper is a foam core, sandwiched between thin layers of plywood. I don't think they could do a proper patch job on this type of material. I would go with the complete side replacement. Can your dealer provide a rental while it is being replaced?
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
...I would go with the complete side replacement. Can your dealer provide a rental while it is being replaced?
Those construction techniques can be very pricey. Depending on the age of of TT it may result in the trailer being totalled.

When our TM had its corner taken off it resulted in $12,000 worth of damage...
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 4x4
Why I got into RVing & More Fun
ng2951 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accident