Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2020, 11:23 PM   #41

My experience says it will be 90 to 120 days before you get parts. and who knows what damage will have occurred. Retrieve it and put a tarp over it. Dry it out on the inside. Watch for mold and mildew.
DAHVGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:31 PM   #42

When I rig is new, don’t plan any trips to far from the dealer. Use the rig and start your list of issues and schedule a service as soon as possible. Check the fixes immediately and return to dealer with additional issues. Keep doing that until your warranty expires. Then if the dealer service department is good, keep going back. If not find a good repair place. Unfortunately that’s the way the system works. RV’s need maintenance after initial flaws are fixed.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:49 PM   #43

I would request a fresh start with a new trailer. I’d never be enjoy in that lemon
LorenzoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:08 AM   #44

Unhappy Sell it.

Sorry that you got the lemon. IMHO, your best move would be to have it fixed asap, use it for your relocation, then sell it, even at a loss. I agree with your statement that there will always be worries about the camper's future woes. Not worth the aggravation .
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:45 AM   #45

Wow!

I stepped away from the forum for a few days and was surprised at the amount of replies. Thanx to everyone that gave their thoughts.

Someone asked what year/model trailer I have. It's in the signature.

As to the latest update...

The dealer applied a generous amount of eterna bond around the problem area and sealed properly everything that wasn't done correctly or not even at all from the factory as it was being constructed. It sat on their lot for a few days including one of all day persistent rain. There was NO water inside. Nothing inside was wet. They had sealed it. The deal I made with the service manager is that if it was dry inside we'd take a look underneath the slide, and it was also dry I'd take it with me. I picked it up on Friday and my wife and I took it to our favorite local campground on Saturday, returning on Monday (yesterday) ALL day Sunday was a light to moderate rain and again, it's dry and stayed dry. Bottom line, their temporary repair worked.

The parts are enroute and will arrive in aprrox 2-3 weeks, but if course I will be gone by then. They agreed to hold them in a secure area until I am able to return the trailer in a few months and this will all be coordinated with the service department beforehand.

Many people from the beginning of this thread had suggested pushing for a factory repair. And I concur. If I simply had the time (of which I don't), then that would hands down be the best option. I did also read where someone had a similar repair done to their slide and all ended up well.
mds47588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:17 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds47588 View Post
Wow!

I stepped away from the forum for a few days and was surprised at the amount of replies. Thanx to everyone that gave their thoughts.

Someone asked what year/model trailer I have. It's in the signature.

As to the latest update...

The dealer applied a generous amount of eterna bond around the problem area and sealed properly everything that wasn't done correctly or not even at all from the factory as it was being constructed. It sat on their lot for a few days including one of all day persistent rain. There was NO water inside. Nothing inside was wet. They had sealed it. The deal I made with the service manager is that if it was dry inside we'd take a look underneath the slide, and it was also dry I'd take it with me. I picked it up on Friday and my wife and I took it to our favorite local campground on Saturday, returning on Monday (yesterday) ALL day Sunday was a light to moderate rain and again, it's dry and stayed dry. Bottom line, their temporary repair worked.

The parts are enroute and will arrive in aprrox 2-3 weeks, but if course I will be gone by then. They agreed to hold them in a secure area until I am able to return the trailer in a few months and this will all be coordinated with the service department beforehand.

Many people from the beginning of this thread had suggested pushing for a factory repair. And I concur. If I simply had the time (of which I don't), then that would hands down be the best option. I did also read where someone had a similar repair done to their slide and all ended up well.
Thanks for updating us. Seems like you got it taken care of for now with a permanent fix coming down the road. Good Deal!
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:13 AM   #47

Slideout roof

We also had an issue with our brand new slideout roof - purchased October 2019. Turns out there was a recall but ours went beyond the recall. The dealer held out fixing till Forest River approved the repair. After 2 months it has finally been fixed. Glad to hear it seems you have things under control.
Vibrrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:15 AM   #48

It's not ideal, but considering everything I feel it's the best solution.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:31 AM   #49

I live in MS as well and happen to have had a TT I purchased new that needed the entire slide pulled out and rebuilt due to a water leak. My unit sat at the dealer for over 6 months before it was ready. Constant story of waiting on parts, received wrong parts, etc etc.
It was my first RV and almost ruined us from RVing. I was young and didn't know as much as I do now. Had I did I'd have pushed harder for a new unit. If you decide to get this one fixed make Forest River provide additional warranty coverage. They'll throw an extra year on if you haven't purchased an extended warranty already.
captbenjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:28 PM   #50

There is an excellent repair center that does warranty work for the Factories in Shipshewana, IN. They are very close to the factory and do excellent work . They replaced the rear wall on my Windjammer 2102 (2011) in the fall of 2018. RV Service Center is their name and they have a good internet presence at shipshewanatradingplace.com/rv/rv-service They had to replace the complete rear wall on my unit and did an outstanding job. Great people as well. I highly recommend them.
2016 GMC Sierra SLT 6.2L,420HPV8, 8Spd,3:42
+2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2503S(11-2018-

jcwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:16 PM   #51

Rv Quality

Yes the age old rv industry norm
Make it quick and cheap and let the customer hang with the quality issues. The day will come when the consumer will not have the extra cash to afford rvs and maybe then the industry will suffer a wake up call. After all why spend ones hard earned cash on something that is known to be packed with quality issues and backed by a supplier who doesn’t care. And please don’t give me the same old tired story oh how hard it is to build a house that has to withstand hurricane conditions while being moved. Tractor trailers and school buses and tour buses and vans and many other vehicles do it everyday day after day and don’t fall apart. If you actually make it to survive these conditions they do. Make it right and people won’t mind paying a bit extra for what they know to be quality but please stop shoveling the less than glossy worm fodder of today’s industries standards. One final note I too hate more gov intervention but this industry is ripe for it and would only help the consumer
hughd033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #52

Wow, I thought this was my trailer for a moment! We just picked our first new camper up in September. A Sunseeker Class C 3050 and are only now, finally getting some sort of recognition about us having multiple issues.
The problem we are having is that we are now in the middle of our four month excursion and the few places I've contacted to help with warranty work, all say it will take between 6-8 weeks! We can't be in a hotel that long!
So, we are going to have to wait until we get back to Albany area so RV One (hopefully) will help out.
We have leaking issues in the kitchen because the faucet leaks under the cabinet, the whole wall fell down inside the slide-out pantry, the refrigerator seal leaks and is now full of ice, slide-out storage drawer under seat at kitchen table completely broke apart and now has no way to shut at all, small constant dripping under camper out of blue tube, air conditioner blows very tiny white foam particles constantly, and the list goes on......
We have to keep up faith because we're paying on this for a long time.
y husband won't let me forget that this is the one I wanted though - LOL

I wish you good luck on your camper though. Sounds like all will work out for you. I wouldn't worry about the second slide-out leaking also. It's unusual for one, not both at least.
PeggyTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #53

It seems to me RV's not built in Northern Indiana are better built: Lance, ORV, Arctic Fox, Tiffin, Winnebago Motorized division, Leisure Vans.
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:18 AM   #54

Shoddy Workmanship

I bought a new Sandstorm trailer last year in June of 2019. Now I understand that they build these things quick, but Forrest Rivers
quality checks are horrible.

I had a list of 35 items that I had to get fixed under the warranty. The major issues being that my slide out was not properly aligned, when closed one of the bottom corners had a 1 1/2 inch gap between the sidewall and slide while the other 3 corners fit flush. Dealer tried to correct (its better than it was). The screws in the ladder where pulling out of the sidewall, linoleum floor was bubbled through out and had to be glued down and fixed, sensors for hold tanks did not work (apparently a ground wire was not connected), mounting bracket for kitchen drawers was poorly designed (the drawers sag with any weight placed in them), front end cap (fiberglass) had tiny cracks on both sides that ran from top to bottom, hot water on outside shower did not work, pull down shade in kitchen was crooked along with other smaller issues. However the big one is the fact that the sidewall where the front meets the end cap was already starting to have some delamination issues which I didn't find until after getting it home from just having all of the other repairs done. So it is back in for a second time. The dealer is telling me they have to cut out that section out and re-fiber glass and paint to fix. Which I'm seriously ticked off about, that should never have to happen with a brand new trailer. The dealer has been great to work with, but I totally think Forrest River needs to take a look at there quality control as it quite frankly sucks. When your paying close to 40 thousand dollars for an RV you expect better quality. I just wonder what else I'm going to find even after I've already gone through it with a fine tooth comb. Oh I need to also add that the caulking job that was done on the entire trailer was extremely sloppy.
Troutflys13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:07 PM   #55

For another thread on a totally unrelated mess with this trailer....https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...re-205162.html