Old 04-23-2020, 08:19 AM   #1

And, yet there's more...

After my slide leak debacle https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ns-200305.html(that's still surviving on a temp repair), I only noticed this while installing a vent cover last week. It seems as if the plywood roof structure was cut short, and so was the rubber roof membrane. As a result, the plywood roof was exposed to ALL of the rain, most likely since new.

Where is the non-existant quality at the factory, and I explicably asked for someone at the dealership before I left for Nashville to go around the trailer and look for any other trouble spots. Soon as I saw it, I covered it up with a piece of eternabond tape, but the damage has been done. At the very least the membrane will have to be removed to be able to replace the rotted wood underneath. And...I did not paying for a brand new trailer to have a patched roof.

I was just starting to get over the slide mess as I truly like this trailer (at least the floorplan) a lot, but having to continually pay for this unit with two major leaks is making me ill and having buyers remorse.

The same pics along with the vin sticker was sent to the dealer to get a claim started...etc.

And the following is NOT AT ALL related to Forest River....

While driving home from Nashville a few weeks ago it was still dark when I got on the interstate and immediately I got behind a mixer truck. I heard a few tings of gravel being kicked off of the tires and backed off and changed lanes. The next day when I went to wash the bogs off the front of the truck and trailer, I got mad as hell when I realized it was cement spatters from said truck. Lots of elbow grease and chemicals, but they are clean now. The fresh wax surely helped make that happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof 1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	227492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof 2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	227493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof 3.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	227494  

mds47588 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #2

Of course Forest River was denying the claim (twice) saying that I damaged the roof. The dealership that I purchased it from has been getting no resolve despite even them offering that there is no damage to the roof as it's a manufacturing defect. Earlier today, we had decided to put this to bed so to speak and find out what's really going on under there. Once the sidewall gutter came off, it was SO obvious. The sidewall panel that was used had a window/door/baggage compartment door....whatever that was routed into the edge and it about 1 1/2" shorter than it needed to be. This should leave no room for doubt now.

It's amazing (almost) how it left the factory that way. Another new claim was opened up that Forest River has to respond to and of course this one includes lots of pictures. This exploratory mission was done at the dealership leaving no room for doubt.

In just under two weeks I had planned on getting the slide rebuilt as it was also leaking. In light of this, I feel that factory is the best place to handle this repair and truth be told, I'd almost just as soon have another at this point. Trouble is, this model is no longer made.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sidewall.png
Views:	0
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	230077  
mds47588 is online now   Reply With Quote