Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #1

Apollo oven/microwave door will not open

Has anyone repaired their oven door release mechanism? Ours is broken, when you push the large button to open the oven door, nothing happens.

I called apollo and they sent me a replacement part for $11.40 including shipping. I just removed the oven from over the range to repair it. Very Heavy Unit!

anyway I am taking it apart to change this release mechanism and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #2

u should be able to remove the cover and go in and change out the part (don't know what is broken).
don't do any prying or scratch the surface of the door...this is ur protection from microwaves.
be careful when u remove the cover. there is a rather large capacitor in there that can hold a charge. there should be some protection on that (a high resistance resistor) to bleede it slowly (you probably won't be able to get the cover off before it bleeds down, but i still wouldn't touch the terminals).

lets see....tomball is where the 146.13/73 repeater is.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #3

I replaced the release mechanism and it works great again. Not to difficult, just a heavy unit.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #4

i just replaced my magic chief OTR microwave with an Apollo Conv/Microwave. How long have u had it and have u had anyother problem with it? The brand is new to me.

i have run the conv and the microwave but not together. my electrical is 15 amp and i didn't want to push it before i change the wire size.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 AM   #5

It came with our camper that is a 2005 model and it works well. No other complaints.