Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #1

Are there common problems with the Rockwood Freedom 2280 Tent trailer?

We bought a new Rockwood Freedom 2280 Tent trailer. We are having problems with our drawers. The plastic part that holds the rail that the drawers roll on are broken in the more commonly used drawers and the ones we hardly use are showing signs of cracking.
pmf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #2

I am not aware of any particular problems with them other than that they are only made out of some cheap plastic and will just not hold up well. Things like that tend to break pretty often.

Best bet is just to replace them.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #3

I bought a 2012 2280BH back in 2011 and kept it for two years before buying my latest, so I have some first hand knowledge of this one. The plastic stuff on the drawers is junk. If we had kept it any longer, I would have gone to Lowe's and replaced all the guides with metal hardware. I had problems on mine with the door and roof meeting up at the top. It looked like the awning and AC would cause the roof to lean towards the door. Fixed by guy wiring the roof on the opposite side...might have just been my particular trailer. It was also hard to get the tent completely fastened at times. I finally noticed that the side panel to the left of the door wasn't centered properly from the factory causing it to bind up slightly. I could have detached the tent material and moved it a little, just never got around to it.

Other than the cheap drawer hardware, we never had an issue with it related to actual quality or any mechanical issues. It was more of a case of assembly problems. We really enjoyed it while we had it and would still be using it if we hadn't caved in to having more storage and being able to get in and out of it 24/7 without having to open it. It was a good trailer.

Tags
280, rockwood, tent trailer, trailer